Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County Plays 2 Top Ten

Featured Replies

Elliott will have a huge home court advantage playing at the Hook I would imagine. You talk about a great high school basketball atmosphere. That would be a great game to see live!!!!

  • Replies 104
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott will have a huge home court advantage playing at the Hook I would imagine. You talk about a great high school basketball atmosphere. That would be a great game to see live!!!!

 

 

That's why I say this will be a unique experience for Ballard. The Mason game will be a wild one, as well.

Gym will be filled within minutes after the doors open, no matter what time. Officiating would be a bigger factor if coaches ratings were not in yet, but they are, so that won't be a huge factor. Hats off to both teams for scheduling this game.

:thumb: ----> Hats off to both teams for scheduling this game.

Well Elliot Co., congratulations for getting some quality teams to make the trip.

As far as rankings go, is this the highest ranked team EC has ever played during the regular season, outside of Mason Co last year? Ballard is currently #5 in the BGP poll.

Well, I was able to get my UK tickets on Tuesday so I won't be there Vs Mason Co, I really like the way both teams play. But maybe ill show up for the Ballard game. Usuall 7:30 PM game time for the Ballard game next Saturday?

Eta, I think the wagon is full.:p

 

I'll clear someone off my wagon and ETa can get on it!!!!!!!!!!:taz:

Gym will be filled within minutes after the doors open, no matter what time. Officiating would be a bigger factor if coaches ratings were not in yet, but they are, so that won't be a huge factor. Hats off to both teams for scheduling this game.

 

Officiating will factor in. This is a very tough environment for the officials, as well.

I'll clear someone off my wagon and ETa can get on it!!!!!!!!!!:taz:

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Officiating will factor in. This is a very tough environment for the officials, as well.

 

So are you saying that Ballard should expect to get the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating because of the hostile environment? :confused:

If EC wins the games against Mason County and Ballard,IF. I will not say another negative thing about them and jump on the wagon. :jump:

 

I'm not jumping on the Wagon, but I will be very very impressed and my negativity about them will stop. I plan on going to both. I think they go 1-1, lose to Ballard and get Mason

So are you saying that Ballard should expect to get the short end of the stick when it comes to officiating because of the hostile environment? :confused:

 

I don't think that even deserves a response :ohbrother:

 

But to clarify I personally think . . . and I could be wrong . . . but I think Wireman meant that with both teams playing a run and gun type of play, that the officials will have a HARD time keeping up therefore missing foul calls.

I don't think that even deserves a response :ohbrother:

 

But to clarify I personally think . . . and I could be wrong . . . but I think Wireman meant that with both teams playing a run and gun type of play, that the officials will have a HARD time keeping up therefore missing foul calls.

 

Maybe it's me, but I am frankly having trouble figuring out what "style" of ball Elliott County plays from this thread. From what I have seen, they play an uptempo, high scoring brand of basketball, which I would contrast with a half court, smashmouth brand. But then along comes Wireman and tells us that Ballard will not be able to adjust to the rough and tumble 16th region type play that the officials let go. And then, if that isn't confusing enough, along comes eccheer to tell me what Wireman meant, that they play a run and gun type of basketball. Is it just me, but isn't high scoring, "run and gun" basketball the extreme opposite of intense defense, let 'em play basketball?

 

From my own perception, I would say EC plays uptempo, with full court pressure that creates a lot of offensive opportunities, but struggles, especially defensively, in a physical, half court game.

 

It's pretty difficult for us outsiders to appreciate the intense defense played in the 16th region, per Wireman, when EC averages 80 or 90 points a game. It's much easier to appreciate their spot up shooting and offensive abilities.

Maybe it's me, but I am frankly having trouble figuring out what "style" of ball Elliott County plays from this thread. From what I have seen, they play an uptempo, high scoring brand of basketball, which I would contrast with a half court, smashmouth brand. But then along comes Wireman and tells us that Ballard will not be able to adjust to the rough and tumble 16th region type play that the officials let go. And then, if that isn't confusing enough, along comes eccheer to tell me what Wireman meant, that they play a run and gun type of basketball. Is it just me, but isn't high scoring, "run and gun" basketball the extreme opposite of intense defense, let 'em play basketball?

 

From my own perception, I would say EC plays uptempo, with full court pressure that creates a lot of offensive opportunities, but struggles, especially defensively, in a physical, half court game.

 

It's pretty difficult for us outsiders to appreciate the intense defense played in the 16th region, per Wireman, when EC averages 80 or 90 points a game. It's much easier to appreciate their spot up shooting and offensive abilities.

 

I don't think Ballard should expect a short end of the stick - I think they should expect a different type of stick. By pressure defense, I don't mean the rough and tough half court defense. I mean, they are going to see very intense defensive pressure from Elliott's guards and wings. If the game is played at a speed that most are predicting, then I feel like an average crew of officials are really going to struggle to keep up, which is going to lead to alot of steals and make the defensive pressure even more difficult to deal with. Ballard might be a top 5 team in the state, but if their guards struggle, they are going to be in trouble, IMO.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.