Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County Plays 2 Top Ten

Featured Replies

Slow it down. Wear Ballard down on defense. Be very, very patient for a good shot and don't try to outrun Ballard.

 

I couldn't disagree more. But, that's just my opinion of course :thumb:

  • Replies 104
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't disagree more. But, that's just my opinion of course :thumb:

To be fair, you've actually seen Elliott play. :lol:

To be fair, you've actually seen Elliott play. :lol:

 

:lol::lol::lol:

 

The crazier the tempo, the better Elliott becomes.

I'm just not really seeing the comparison. The highest point total Ballard has scored all season is 85 points. Elliott's high is 132 points. Elliott has also scored 600 more points than Ballard in the same numbers of games. I'm not really seeing the mirror image comparison, but I am looking forward to watching a good game.

 

 

These are useless numbers. Elliot County has nice players and coming from a small community myself I can appreciate the fans excitement but these stats mean nothing when the ball is thrown up. This is the same thinking that made you pick EC over Shelby Valley by 30. :eek:

These are useless numbers. Elliot County has nice players and coming from a small community myself I can appreciate the fans excitement but these stats mean nothing when the ball is thrown up. This is the same thinking that made you pick EC over Shelby Valley by 30. :eek:

 

Actually sarcasm is what made me pick Elliott County over Shelby Valley by 30.

Actually sarcasm is what made me pick Elliott County over Shelby Valley by 30.

 

Sometimes its hard to tell in these EC threads. :D:D

 

Im for you guys in both games for one it will make SV's victory even look better. I have never been to game at EC but it would not surprise me for them to win both games at home. Ive not seen Ballard play but I thought the key for SV was Justice handling the ball and not making turnovers.

 

Good Luck :thumb:

I'm just not really seeing the comparison. The highest point total Ballard has scored all season is 85 points. Elliott's high is 132 points. Elliott has also scored 600 more points than Ballard in the same numbers of games. I'm not really seeing the mirror image comparison, but I am looking forward to watching a good game.

 

Ballard also plays better competition....Would Elliott have the same scores playing Ballard's schedule? :sssh:

 

Trust me, Ballard can "run and gun" with the best of them. As cch5432 said, I'd advise Elliott to not try to outrun them, cause it simply won't happen. Ballard is a deep team and will continue to throw waves and waves of players at the Lions. At the same time though, they can play tough defense and win a low scoring game. They held Holmes to 44 points in a loss earlier in the season.

My guess is Ballard chooses to slow it down. I dont think they want to run with Elliott. Im not saying that they do this out of fear, just playing the proper strat to beat them.

My guess is Ballard chooses to slow it down. I dont think they want to run with Elliott. Im not saying that they do this out of fear, just playing the proper strat to beat them.

 

Very legit point.

My guess is Ballard chooses to slow it down. I dont think they want to run with Elliott. Im not saying that they do this out of fear, just playing the proper strat to beat them.

 

Great point especially to try and keep the crowd out of it as much as possible. This will be a good learning experience for the boys from Ballard off of the court as well.

1. Neither team is going to change their style for the other team. Ballard and Elliot will both bring their running game.

2. The only one on Elliots team that "may" get tired it T. Knipp but he picks his spots to take a break anyhow. The other 4 could play 2 games back to back and not miss a beat.

3. If anyone gets tired, it will be Ballard from the bus ride

4. Have to admire Ballard for getting on the bus to drive to Sandy Hook as several other teams were given the same opportunity and "passed".

5. Both teams will benefit from the experience and will only make them tougher in post season.

6. I will take Elliot County in a high scoring game. I don't think Ballard can shoot with them.

7. 16th region officials do not let it get as physical as it gets in Lexington and Louisville, there will be a lot of "touchy" fouls in this one that the B boys will have to adjust too. This will benefit Ballard as Elliot could get in foul trouble which would be to Ballards advantage. If Elliot gets anyone more than T. Knipp in foul trouble Ballard will probally take the game.

8. Overall, will be one of the better games in the state for the year with a state tournament atmoshere.

9. Mason County will not hang with Elliot this year. Ballard has a much better shot than Mason.

Great point especially to try and keep the crowd out of it as much as possible. This will be a good learning experience for the boys from Ballard off of the court as well.

 

No chance of that:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

IF Elliott wins both games...I said IF!! They will still be criticized and excuses will be made as to why they still arent a top ten team!!!!!!!!!!

 

Their you go again, everyone conspired together to talk smack about Elliott. Do you honestly believe this? C'mon. IF they win both or possibly either game they will get some more respect and people will say they are probably in the top handful of teams in the state.

I'm actually going to consider coming to Sandy Hook provided I don't work Saturday. I've always wanted to say that I've been to Sandy Hook, KY. :lol:

I'm just not really seeing the comparison. The highest point total Ballard has scored all season is 85 points. Elliott's high is 132 points. Elliott has also scored 600 more points than Ballard in the same numbers of games. I'm not really seeing the mirror image comparison, but I am looking forward to watching a good game.

 

Ballard would score 132 easily on Boyd County. They play in Louisville, which no one outside of Elliott in the 16th would even be considered a threat in. If anyone thinks that Ballard can't score enough to stay with Elliott, they are going to be in for a big surprise.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.