Elliott County vs. Shelby Valley 02/01

Couldn't stand not watching this game...have decided to miss church and go watch Hazard/Bardstown at 8:30 then Elliott/ Shelby Valley.

Hey, a person has to have priorities...

I would love to be there, but cannot. Should be a very entertaining game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that with Elliott County, Shelby Valley, Bardstown and Hazard in the semis; the four strongest teams in the tourney are all still there. No surprise that these four squads are still playing.

They were my final four picks.:D

I cant wait to see Booher's approach to this game. SV normally wants to play up and down fast and create offense with defense. After the two games in this tourney I wonder if he will try to slow it down and let the size advantage work on EC. :popcorn:

What time is the boys final scheduled for I was wondering how much time the two winners would have off between games.

Winner of Bardstown/Hazard should end about 9:45

Winner of Elliott/SV should end about 11:45

Final should start about 2:45

Haven't seen SV play this year. I have seen Elliott, and I think the key to beating them is to execute a controlled, patient half-court offense for 32 minutes. Tough to do against Elliott, because of their constant pressure, but if SV has the guards to handle it, they can beat Elliott.

Having said that, I'll take Elliott by 5--a blind prediction of sorts, but a prediction nonetheless.

IMO Some keys to the game:

Boohers game plan - will he stik with the usual or swallow pride & do what give his team the best chance to win?

SV if play full court man it will not hurt EC but may lead to some easy buckets for Ec & foul trouble for SV

SV if play full court zone this could cause some problems for EC because it would make others handle the ball more out in the open court other than the Faulkners.

SV I know they like to socre off D & full court pressure but they may be better off going slower & try to go inside some more.

EC If T. Knipp hangs his head in frustration & or pouts if things aren't going his way then it is over. He has to stay in the game mentally as much if not more than physically.

Coaching It is automatic 10-12 point deficit every time EC hits the floor. Thank goodness for EC that it has the Faulkners on the floor!

Anderson County? Pickering? Southside? Myrtle Beach? South Charleston?:isurrender:

I am for EC. However, I have to admit, having been there for the BBC, that Southside, Pickering, and Myrtle Beach were three of the weaker teams in the event. EC, by losing its opening game to what turned out to be a "second tier" team in the BBC, avoided all the top teams. Southside and MB were in-state host teams and Pickering was from Canada (not exactly a hotbed for hs basketball even with their big record against other Canadian schools).

I am for EC. However, I have to admit, having been there for the BBC, that Southside, Pickering, and Myrtle Beach were three of the weaker teams in the event. EC, by losing its opening game to what turned out to be a "second tier" team in the BBC, avoided all the top teams. Southside and MB were in-state host teams and Pickering was from Canada (not exactly a hotbed for hs basketball even with their big record against other Canadian schools).

To me Elliott's most impressive win was against South Charleston WV. The are currently the #1 team in their class with the loss to EC being their only one.