Elliott County vs. Shelby Valley 02/01

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be tough for anyone from EC to match up with Hatfield. His size and length make him tough to match up with both on offense and defense.

Justice is the straw that stirs the SV drink. Outside of Cedar Hill, this will probably be the best team EC has seen to date.

This team is nowwhere near the talent of Southside, Pickering, Myrtle Beach or Anderson County, IMO.

I must say after seeing Shelby Valley the last two games (only time I have seen them this year) I expected to see much more in person than what I've seen. Their offensive numbers were bigger earlier in the year. They will have to score a lot more than 56 points (like they did today) to beat Elliott unless EC shoots like 25% from the field which I don't see happening. Do they have a talented team?? Yes, but I expected bigger offensive output than what I saw in the first two games of the All A. No prediction--just leave it at that.

I must say after seeing Shelby Valley the last two games (only time I have seen them this year) I expected to see much more in person than what I've seen. Their offensive numbers were bigger earlier in the year. They will have to score a lot more than 56 points (like they did today) to beat Elliott unless EC shoots like 25% from the field which I don't see happening. Do they have a talented team?? Yes, but I expected bigger offensive output than what I saw in the first two games of the All A. No prediction--just leave it at that.

It is not uncommon for an NCC game to be low scoring. They will work the ball and slow the scoring down. The more time off the clock, the less scoring, you get the picture.

I am not an Elliott County fan, only because I don't think they have a quality win that I can relate to. If they win on Sunday, that would be a start.

It is not uncommon for an NCC game to be low scoring. They will work the ball and slow the scoring down. The more time off the clock, the less scoring, you get the picture.

I am not an Elliott County fan, only because I don't think they have a quality win that I can relate to. If they win on Sunday, that would be a start.

Anderson County? Pickering? Southside? Myrtle Beach? South Charleston?:isurrender:

Wireman you are exactly right. I bolded the part above and not sure what he means, but I take a stab at the translation---I don't know anything about those out of state teams so EC has no quality wins. Makes sense to me. :confused:Unless you beat a top KY team you just haven't beat any top teams period.

Wireman you are exactly right. I bolded the part above and not sure what he means, but I take a stab at the translation---I don't know anything about those out of state teams so EC has no quality wins. Makes sense to me. :confused:Unless you beat a top KY team you just haven't beat any top teams period.

I watched Elliott against those teams very closely and they are all very talented. I have watched Shelby Valley and they are a great team, but they don't have the kind of talent that Southside has. Shelby Valley will be a tough team because of their size, but if Elliott shuts down Justice, they should win.

You are exactly right. I don't know anything about those teams. Beat someone I can relate to. Start with Shelby Valley, and I will mention Elliot in the same breath with Holmes and Scott County.

Some of you people??????.....are entitled to an opinion, but we all should be glad that's exactly the only thing it is!

It will IMO come down if Shelby Valley handles Elliott's Guards and get it into a half court game Elliott does not play real good interior defense to me that along with bench depth is their only weakness's. While SV is good inside, I don't know if they have the guard play. Elliott in a close one under 10.

It will IMO come down if Shelby Valley handles Elliott's Guards and get it into a half court game Elliott does not play real good interior defense to me that along with bench depth is their only weakness's. While SV is good inside, I don't know if they have the guard play. Elliott in a close one under 10.

Isn't Justice (pg) considered by many as one of the best in his class? They also return Bryant from last year's team. This is a very seasoned team that has good guard play. Their guard play gets overlooked though because their interior game is so good with Hatfield and Adams.

Isn't Justice (pg) considered by many as one of the best in his class? They also return Bryant from last year's team. This is a very seasoned team that has good guard play. Their guard play gets overlooked though because their interior game is so good with Hatfield and Adams.

You maybe right the inside play is what I had heard the most about. If they have good guard play then they may win. I hope Elliott wins it all but the post defense is suspect at best.