January 22, 200917 yr IMO Porter looked like an average high school guard last night. He has no ability with his left hand. He fumbled 2 or 3 passes, one hand off, and dribbled/handed the ball to his defender who wasn't even tightly guarding him. They can't consistently beat quality teams without better guard play. He even shot an uncontested layup and didn't draw iron.
January 22, 200917 yr I've dubbed UK, the MP3 Players. Meeks, Patterson and 3 other players. Stevenson was impressive and was active. To take the next step, they've got to eliminate the unforced TO's and make better decisions, in the half court game. That's pretty cool!
January 22, 200917 yr Author If you think it's bad on UK threads, you should see the other side. UK didn't play that well tonight against an AWFUL Auburn team, but got the win. While that's all that matters, to ignore the reality of why people are posting like they are on either side is pretty clear. UK fans are slamming the Big East. UL fans are crushing a down SEC. Round and round... And none of it really matters because whichever team gets hot and lucky at the right time is going to win :lol:
January 22, 200917 yr Anyone know how to scare the crap out of Michael Porter??? Put a basketball rim in front of him.
January 22, 200917 yr He said communication was very important on defense and the subs didnt get the job done. Were told to switch everything in the second half except Patterson...did not want to leave him alone on perimeter... Subs messed it up. Case in point, Liggins came in and promptly didnt switch and to make matters worse he went under a screen while guarding a three point shooter. I don't think I've ever seen a player have so much trouble getting through/around screens.
January 22, 200917 yr Anyone know how to scare the crap out of Michael Porter??? Put a basketball rim in front of him. :deadhorse: He played terrible, but up until yesterday he has played alot better.
January 22, 200917 yr Author First, Meeks didn't look great tonight and he still scored 31 points. Its hard to put him down, although some have tried, when he shot 7/13 FG, 5/8 3PT, and 12/13 FT. He did have 5 turnovers, which isn't impressive, although one of those should have went to Porter for not catching a simple chest pass. Patterson looked great even though he still appears to be a little "off" with his taped fingers. He still finished with 21 and 18, which is a monster game. Meeks and Patterson can take this team a very long ways. It was nice to see Stevenson step up and score a few points and get some rebounds. After searching through the roster, it appears that Stevenson might actually be the infamous 3rd option that the team so badly needs. They will be tough to beat if Meeks and Patterson do their usual damage and then Stevenson produces 10 points a game. Harris plays good defense but always looks like he is dribbling a medicine ball... Porter looked awful tonight. It appeared as if his head was elsewhere throughout the game. One time he just handed the ball over to the defense at the top of the key resulting in a slam on the other end. He was credited with 4 turnovers, but I felt like he had more. We didn't really seem to use the bench tonight - at all. Miller looked aggressive when he was in, but its hard to get a good feel for him in only 5 minutes of play. Liggins got 12 minutes, which resulted in 0 points and 1 assist. Harrellson, Stewart, and Galloway combined for 4 minutes and didn't get anything except a personal foul. The Cats were flat and still won by 9 points. I don't care that the SEC is down or that Auburn is weak...this is still a conference win and the Cats are now 4-0 in the SEC and 15-4 overall. A road win at Alabama should get the Cats into the Top 25. Then, they have Ole Miss and South Carolina the next week. Go Cats :thumb:
January 22, 200917 yr :deadhorse: He played terrible, but up until yesterday he has played alot better. Porter has played above his ceiling of late, I am not debating that. But it does not take away the fact he is afraid to shoot the ball.
January 22, 200917 yr About 11 hours later..... I still can't believe Patterson shot that three pointer. I swear he lost his mind for a second or two. Also, there's nothing like reading through most of this thread to remind me why I make a quick post after a UK game and go to bed.
January 22, 200917 yr About 11 hours later..... I still can't believe Patterson shot that three pointer. I swear he lost his mind for a second or two. Also, there's nothing like reading through most of this thread to remind me why I make a quick post after a UK game and go to bed. :lol: I thought that was awesome.
January 22, 200917 yr Agreed. (See post #78). I was disgusted again with the booing of Michael Porter, simply put, the team fares better while he is in there instead of Liggins. Agreed. It is ashame that so many have no class.
January 22, 200917 yr :lol: I thought that was awesome. Yeah and after the game they asked PPat in an interview if he likes playing so many minutes and he said yes. He said BCG took him out when he got tired and told him to inform him when he was ok so that he could get him directly back in. :popcorn:
January 22, 200917 yr Not to mention he took an ill advised 3 point shot on the offensive end and was immediately removed from the game. Liggins let the fans talk him in to taking that shot. BG said after the game he wouldn't have had a problem if Liggins would have shot it when he caught the ball but it was the fact he hesitated then shot it.
January 22, 200917 yr Author About 11 hours later..... I still can't believe Patterson shot that three pointer. I swear he lost his mind for a second or two. Also, there's nothing like reading through most of this thread to remind me why I make a quick post after a UK game and go to bed. When he pulled up for that three, my first thought was: is that Meeks? No. Is that Harris? No. Did Miller check in? No. Liggins? No. Stewart? Nope. Surely it was Stevenson? No. Well I'll be danged - it was Patrick Patterson!!! Pistol Pat to the rescue :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.