First Reds Game??

ACE

1984 my sister & future brother-in-law took me for my birthday,they were`nt very good so we got good seats 2nd row from field 3rd base side,they played Giants ,Pete Rose just came back as player/manager.There was a skinny guy they just brought up & he hit a mammoth hr off the concrete in front of red seats later we figured out the skinny guy was Eric Davis.Had the time of my life been hooked on baseball ever since.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 vs the Braves, Julio Franco became the oldest player to have a multi-HR game. It was actually my first MLB game ever, I was poor before I got out of college, now I go to at least 8 or 10 a year now :D

Stay away from women, or you'll be that way again...raincloud.gif

The year was 1962 vs the Cards at the old Crosley Field,I was 12 at the time.

That started my long relationship with the Reds which is still going on. Reds on that night,(as it was a night game)won 7-3.:dancingpa

We took a trip to Riverfront in 2000 with a camp group I was a counselor for. I remeber one of the kids we took was a big Reds fan and this was her first game. Her favorite player was, of course, Ken Griffey Jr. After an hour rain delay, the game got started. Pete Harnisch hit a homerun, which was the first time I saw a pitcher go yard in person. Most importantly for the little Reds fan, Ken Griffey went deep and she went nuts!

Of course, the Reds won and we had the best time!

Late 70's early 80's. We used to drive up once or twice a summer. My uncle had a cabin in Dry Ridge on the lake. GREAT memories! Catch a Reds game and fish all week! The cabin had a pinball machine and a ladder that went up to about a 15 foot loft bed. My first one's I remember was when they got in a fight because of Rick Monday and once in the 70's we froze.

Favorite one's were:

Johnny Bench Day, All Star Game, Tony Perez Day and once they played the Pirates I think Bonds rookie year or close too it. It was a couple hour rain delay. Finally we were walking out and the few thousand left started cheering. We went back in and set on the front row by the dougout!

I have never been priviledged to snag a home run or foul ball at a game. My first game I went to Riverfront was against the Cubs and we were in the blue seats down the 3rd baseline. Pete Rose hits a screamer that my Dad tags with his hand and my buddy of now 40 years catches it. My Dad had a blister that covered the whole palm of his hand... ouch !! :eek: