Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Student Sections

Featured Replies

What exactly did they mean by that? Just that they wanted to play Beechwood again or....?:confused:

 

I think the Holmes crowd was reminding their hosts (in case we had forgotten!!) that Cov.Cath. had been beaten by Beechwood for the first time in 20+ years, 4 days earlier. The cheer was inventive, witty and not mean spirited. :clap:

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to agree with you there...They always have a solid crowd and even when they don't have as many people there they still cheer and can always be heard.

 

I agree! HC students in their retro uniforms are hysterical, and really loud for the number of kids participating! Love watching them!:popcorn:

CovCath has only been coming out for the bigger games rather than just every game. I will say though that the Mason County home opener was one of the biggest regular seasons sections I've seen in years.

 

Didn't they bus the CovCath student section to Maysville. And didn't Mason County tell CovCath that they would let any and all CovCath students in for free. Bravo on Mason County's part if this is true.

Didn't they bus the CovCath student section to Maysville. And didn't Mason County tell CovCath that they would let any and all CovCath students in for free. Bravo on Mason County's part if this is true.

 

I think that was last year, but yes I am pretty sure Mason Co. did that.

Didn't they bus the CovCath student section to Maysville. And didn't Mason County tell CovCath that they would let any and all CovCath students in for free. Bravo on Mason County's part if this is true.[/QUOTe

 

That sounds right but would have had to be last year as Mason County came up to Cov Cath this year.

Scott has the numbers, great turn out! BUT, they just stand there and don't do too much.

 

Maybe they can watch some videos of CCH student sections in the past before this Saturday. :sssh:

Didn't they bus the CovCath student section to Maysville. And didn't Mason County tell CovCath that they would let any and all CovCath students in for free. Bravo on Mason County's part if this is true.

 

What I heard was that this was a "home-and-home" deal. Mason County granted free admission to CCH students last year; with the understanding that it would be reciprocated by CCH this year.

HC's student section is great no matter what the score is. In fact last year I saw them cheering in the Girl's District finals at Holmes. HC was down by at least 30 to Notre Dame, but the kids were still very spirited. I think HC is getting up there with the likes of Cov Cath's student section.

The student section at Scott is very good, however, the fact that they have been up by a lot limits their cheering. The students know what it is like to be down and they kind of follow a mercy rule and don't cheer as much when they are up a lot. The first four or five rows of their section is phenominal. Lead by the seniors, they get really loud in big games.

 

When they played at Lewis County in December, 5 students went down and were much louder than Lewis Counties students. Same story at Harrison County. At Pendleton 2 students went down and were louder than Pendletons students. It was quite impressive. Another reason they are so quiet at times is the lack of cheering from the underclassmen high up in the student section.

 

With that said, I do believe that HCs section is very good, as is Cov Cath (with the exception of this season) and that nobody likes to hear any of these sections at their place or on the road.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Covcath student section is pathetic. And it has to do with a lack of spirit among the senior class. It's just embarassing. I don't really care how bad your team is, they are still your friends and you can come out for them.

 

Have heard that a lot of football players do their best to show up at basketball games, despite the dismal season, because of the way it felt when NO ONE showed up to their games this past football season.

 

We have disagreed alot over the last few months but on this I agree with you 100%

HC's student section is great no matter what the score is... I think HC is getting up there with the likes of Cov Cath's student section.

 

At last year's regular season game against Cov. Cath. in Latonia, the Holy Cross student section did a Moses parting the Red Sea cheer. It was great. Any chance of a repeat performance in Park Hills on February 6th?

Covcath student section is pathetic. And it has to do with a lack of spirit among the senior class. It's just embarassing. I don't really care how bad your team is, they are still your friends and you can come out for them.

 

I agree that the Cov. Cath. student section is down a bit this year. 5-13 will do that to you. But, they are still better than most. The Cov. Cath. student section was very strong at the Mason County (home) and Highlands (away) games. They were respectable at the Holmes game. Certainly not the A+ effort we have enjoyed in the past but I would give them at least a B.

I remember Cov Cath in there hay day when the students dressed up, painted themselves, made comments to the refs and opposing players and chanted things at opposing crowds and I have to say that I have seen Holy Cross in action this season vs Holmes and there cheering section was very similar to the old Cov Cath days. When I arrived to the game they were actually in the parking lot, painting themselves and dressing up it was great ha ha. And they chanted until the final buzzer so I have to say they have been my favorite bunch to watch this year when it comes to student sections.

At last year's regular season game against Cov. Cath. in Latonia, the Holy Cross student section did a Moses parting the Red Sea cheer. It was great. Any chance of a repeat performance in Park Hills on February 6th?

 

St. Henry did this one maybe 3 years back? I think the theme was Bible Characters.

Edited by SportsFan62
Typo

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.