Your favorite President?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of Great Leader - Abraham Lincoln, followed a close 2nd by George H. W. Bush

Ronald Reagan would be my pick for most likable president.

The President that communicated most effectively would have to be William Jefferson Clinton.

However, I agree with an earlier poster who said, "Jefferson Davis". He would have to be considered a maverick and a man of principle. Regardless if you agree with his politics or beliefs, he had to lead a group of people against the larger majority and fight for the smaller group of people's rights.

Greatest Almost - Should have been - President - Colin Powell.

In my lifetime Ronald Reagan

Overall, Thomas Jefferson without a doubt.

If you ever get the chance to go to Colonial Willamsburg, you must make the time to talk to the gentlemen who portrays Thomas Jefferson. Sitting and talking with him was indeed a huge thrill not only for myself but for my daughter as well, as she can tell you more about Thomas Jefferson, than any person I know off. In playing his roll of Jefferson, my daughter and the gentleman talked and talked and afterwords he congratulated her on her knowledge of Thomas Jefferson! She was thrilled beyond words and we have a real nice picture of them together.... Her dream at the time was to attend William and Mary College and work at Colonial Williamsburg.....but old Dad doesn't have the bucks for that dream to happen.....:cry:

When I lived in Northern Virginia, I got the chance to visit all kinds of places of historical significance, and Williamsburg was the best experience of them all. I'll never forget it, ever.

Being a Christian, I just cannot say Jefferson is one of my favorites since he cut all the miracles of Jesus out of his Bible and promoted a miracle-free Jesus Christ.

That's about the only fault for the man. Granted it's a HUGE HUGE fault. I certainly don't believe in a miracle-free Jesus... But from a historic viewpoint, Jefferson was the funnest IMO, to study about.

Of course George Washington was a fun one... Abraham Lincoln really didn't do anything for me. Franklin D. Roosevelt was indeed a good one to study.