2009 North Laurel

Ram

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roark applied but was not interviewed and was told he would most likely not coach in 2009 at North.

Wow, that surprises me. If he was told that he would not be coaching at North in 2009, then apparently they are giving the new coach full authority to bring in assistants which really hasn't happened there before. IMHO, they are losing an asset if they don't bring Roark back. There are several good assistants on this staff that I would keep around (Roark, Dagley, Collier, etc). I understand that Allin won't be back due to an issue with his initial application, but they could be losing some very good assistants.

I hope the new coach, whomever that may be, opts to keep him around. He is a very good coach and the kids really seem to respond to him. The offense improved and scored about 7 ppg more than they did before he became the coordinator.

It sounds like they may have their mind made up all ready about Roark if they have all ready told him that he won't be there next season.

It sounds like they may have their mind made up all ready about Roark if they have all ready told him that he won't be there next season.

I think the actual quote was that he was told he might not be there next year. This tells me they are leaving all assistant picking up to whomever the new coach is going to be.

Roark will have no problem finding a job. I know that Dudley really liked him and would like him back.

I hope the new coach, whomever that may be, opts to keep him around. He is a very good coach and the kids really seem to respond to him. The offense improved and scored about 7 ppg more than they did before he became the coordinator.

What is the hold up about hiring a new coach?

What is the hold up about hiring a new coach?

I was told they are trying to iron out all the details so that there are no surprises. Apparently, the NL adminstration is really taking this hire seriously and giving a great deal of thought and effort in finding the right coach for the job. Knowing AD James R Durham and Principal Mike Black, I have no doubt they will feel very confident in whomever they hire.

This hiring is taking forever. Usually when this happens the administration does not care much about athletics. If so, they would already hired a coach. Hasnt this job been open for 2-3 months? I feel sorry for the kids that they have not hired somebody yet.

This hiring is taking forever. Usually when this happens the administration does not care much about athletics. If so, they would already hired a coach. Hasnt this job been open for 2-3 months? I feel sorry for the kids that they have not hired somebody yet.

I agree with you it has taken too long to hire someone they don't seem to be in any hurry either.

Settle down everyone they just want to make sure they get the right hire. North has been through many football coaches in the last few years and they want to place the right coach in there I am sure. Better to take the extra time to make sure they got teh right person.

I agree with you it has taken too long to hire someone they don't seem to be in any hurry either.

They've really only been searching for about a 40 some days, they weren't going to go after anyone until the season ended with sme other coaches still coaching their teams in late December.

This is most definately NOT the case. Everybody needs to chill out, NL will have a quality coach very soon.