Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy Dykes

Featured Replies

I don't know what I think about Jimmy Dykes. I don't mind him, but I can't stand him at the same time. I'd prefer to listen to him over a lot of announcers, but I can't stand his sayings that he repeats over & over & over.

 

Last night he said that one of the best parts of Jodie Meeks' game is that he doesn't guard himself. That's right, he doesn't guard himself.

 

I hated when he kept talking about having turnovers in the acceptable part of the court. He mentioned that multiple times.

 

Against Miami, it was horrible when he kept saying CSI Miami - Can't Shoot Immediately! C'mon Jimmy, you're better than that.

 

Overall I think he's alright.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Mother-in-law defense"

 

I love that one!

 

I agree with many of you in saying you're conflicted on Jimmy Dykes. He seems knowledgable and enthusiastic, but he can beat the dead horse with his phrases. On the whole I'll take him, but part of that is because he's often paired with Brad Nessler who is fantastic.

  • Author
I don't know what I think about Jimmy Dykes. I don't mind him, but I can't stand him at the same time. I'd prefer to listen to him over a lot of announcers, but I can't stand his sayings that he repeats over & over & over.

 

Last night he said that one of the best parts of Jodie Meeks' game is that he doesn't guard himself. That's right, he doesn't guard himself.

 

I hated when he kept talking about having turnovers in the acceptable part of the court. He mentioned that multiple times.

 

Against Miami, it was horrible when he kept saying CSI Miami - Can't Shoot Immediately! C'mon Jimmy, you're better than that.

 

Overall I think he's alright.

I share the same feelings.

 

"He makes violent cuts out there"

I share the same feelings.

 

"He makes violent cuts out there"

Ray Lewis makes violent cuts... :walk:

Dykes does a very good job and has gotten much better, than his early days.

Ray Lewis makes violent cuts... :walk:

 

:flame:

I love to watch Dykes on the TV.

My beef with him has already been stated... He beats the same thoughts into your head all game long... He has his talking points, and he makes sure he talks about them.

 

Other than that, he's fine.

Remember last season?

 

It is a "pound your chest game."

He used that when refering to an opportunity to get a signature win.

He is the "next generation" Dick Vitale. I don't really think that's a bad thing.

I've always enjoyed Dykes, but he can go a bit overboard with his phrases. I did learn one thing last night, turnovers can be acceptable unless they are in that red zone of his.

Without his pet phrases he'd be ok, but with them he drives me crazy.

I enjoy watching Dykes :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.