9th Region All "A"

I do agree with you on the score being in the 70s but Newport isn't a good team this year. Which is why I have Beechwood winning.

You obviously have not seen anyone beside Beechwood then. Newport beat NCC about a week ago, so saying they are not good is very inaccurate.:flame:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Beechwood was overrated? This game will be in the 70s since neither team really plays defense. You never know what Newport team will show up though so it will be a wait and see thing.

I am going to disagree with you on Beechwood's defense. I think they are very solid on defense. Romes is a shut down defender then you have two good shot blockers in Snyder and Smith inside. But Beechwood does like to get the ball up and down the floor so the score could get up in the 60s, maybe even to the 70s like you say. But not because of bad defense.

I am going to disagree with you on Beechwood's defense. I think they are very solid on defense. Romes is a shut down defender then you have two good shot blockers in Snyder and Smith inside. But Beechwood does like to get the ball up and down the floor so the score could get up in the 60s, maybe even to the 70s like you say. But not because of bad defense.

Romes is solid, but Pohlgeers and Beuttel are to slow for most guards. This causes Smith and Snyder to pick up fouls and have to sit.

You obviously have not seen anyone beside Beechwood then. Newport beat NCC about a week ago, so saying they are not good is very inaccurate.:flame:

Newport beat NCC by 1 right? Explain to me why they are good just because they beat a top 10 team by 1.:idunno:

Newport has to get past Beechwood first and then I think they make it to the championship game against Holy Cross. They have to avenge a disappointing loss to the Indians earlier this week. This tournament is wide open because for all teams you are never sure which set of boys is going to play the best.

Good luck to all and let's make it interesting!

The Holy Cross and St.Henry game should be good. I saw St. Henry against Boone last night. Speed was out against Boone so if he misses against Holy Cross could be a very long night for St.Henry. Holy Cross with there good defense and no Cameron Speed could be too much for the defending Champs.

What has happened to New Cath? They started the season doing fine, but lately they have been losing a lot. Not just to good teams, but to bad teams as well. If they keep playing like they are they will have no chance in the All A.

The Holy Cross and St.Henry game should be good. I saw St. Henry against Boone last night. Speed was out against Boone so if he misses against Holy Cross could be a very long night for St.Henry. Holy Cross with there good defense and no Cameron Speed could be too much for the defending Champs.

That should be a good game. I think the winner will advance to the championship game.

Some crazy games tonight. From what I heard at the gym tonight all the "dogs" won. St. Henry won the night cap over HC. Ludlow pulled the upset in a great win over Villa in overtime and the biggest surprise was Newport beating Beechwood at the buzzer. Now I think people thought Newport had what it took but not after Beechwood had beat Highlands.

These games tonight proved the 9th 2-13 is as wide open as it's ever been.

Congrats to St. Henry, Newport, and Ludlow on the wins!

Bellevue with the win over Newcath? Hmmm? :sssh:

Truefully David and Goliath looked like a closer match-up than these two teams this year :cry:

Newport looked great tonight. Even down by 10 with a about 4 minutes remaining, they kept with it and never gave up.

Great game by Ludlow tonight as well. Bryan's shots just wouldn't fall tonight, very exciting game.

I didn't stick around for the HC/St Henry game, but congrats to St. Henry on a huge win.

I'll take a Newport/NCC Round 2 for the Championship.

Bellevue with the win over Newcath? Hmmm? :sssh:

Truefully David and Goliath looked like a closer match-up than these two teams this year :cry:

I'd probably have to agree with the second part of your post.

I see Dayton as being Bellevue of last year if they can avoid Newport, Highlands and NCC in the first round of the district.