9th Region All "A"

Didn't see a thread on this, and with the Beechies being way up, NCC taking it on the chin tonight from a down Dixie team and Newport over the weekend, HC struggling to score, an always dangerous St. Henry, etc.; this might be a very interesting and competitive race?? Possibly the most competitive "A" region in the state, but a couple of weeks ago, I would have thought it was NC's to lose, but now......................Thoughts????

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Beechwood but watch out for St.Henry. If St. Henry sticks to a 8 man rotation they would be very tough. Beechwood is hot and IMO has a little more talent going into the tournament. And by that I mean the 8 man rotation is they get the majority of time but they can go deeper into the bench but cut back on their playing time. This would be a very exciting finals matchup.

I would say that Beechwood and Holy Cross are the favorites- I would love to see Beechwood win it!

Are you kidding? I can agree with Beechwood b/c of the start they have had, but Holy Cross?

What has Holy Cross done besides beat Ryle is a slow down game? I think they could beat anyone in the tournament but they haven't done anything yet to prove they are a favorite.

The favorite to me truthfully is NCC. They have a good group of core players and have lots of weapons. The depth they have is at question, but I think they will be the team to beat.

Then I'd say the Beechies are on the next step. With the wins they have had and the talent of this group they might stop the run of NCC and St. Henry winning.

That brings up the third team. St. Henry. They are starting to play much better now with a good win over Conner. They got a decent Lloyd team who could be a test this week and then Boone. The Boone win last yr was what sparked the ALL A 9th Region title win over NCC. Go Crusaders!

Are you kidding? I can agree with Beechwood b/c of the start they have had, but Holy Cross?

What has Holy Cross done besides beat Ryle is a slow down game? I think they could beat anyone in the tournament but they haven't done anything yet to prove they are a favorite.

The favorite to me truthfully is NCC. They have a good group of core players and have lots of weapons. The depth they have is at question, but I think they will be the team to beat.

Then I'd say the Beechies are on the next step. With the wins they have had and the talent of this group they might stop the run of NCC and St. Henry winning.

That brings up the third team. St. Henry. They are starting to play much better now with a good win over Conner. They got a decent Lloyd team who could be a test this week and then Boone. The Boone win last yr was what sparked the ALL A 9th Region title win over NCC. Go Crusaders!

Holy Cross has also beaten NCC who is your favorite. So I don't know how you justify that except for it was early in the season. You could maybe use that if they were playing a lot better now then in the beginning, but it seems to me they are playing worse with losses to Newport and Dixie recently.