Dave Brossart is out as the head football coach of Covington Catholic...

theguru

You might have thought of thinking about that BEFORE you called out your teammates. Easy to do from the sideline. But I respect you deciding not to get into things, good luck with next year. :)

I have already stated that me bashing my teammates was very unethical and regret saying it. It's hard to be on the sidelines and watch a 61-0 loss to Highlands. I kinda passed the blame to the seniors, and I shouldnt have. The program rolls 80+ deep.

And thank you very much for your wishes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Mr. Brossart good luck, but I am not sorry to see him go, and it has nothing what so ever to do with W's or L's..

All that matters. The one incident that I heard of quite a few months back was enough for me. I hope that Coach Brossart can get his act together and become a successful coach down the road.

The wins and losses probably have a little bit to do with his termination as the coach at CCH.

Helping the CovCath students in ways off the field is most important. Coupled with losses, I don't see why we needed to take a "wait and see" approach anymore.

I am not getting into this subject within the scale of tis whole matter. I will tell you this, it's not the X's and the O's, it's the Jimmys and the Joes. Ask you brother who said that.

The response I could write to that would be pages long. I'll just say you have a lot to learn my friend.

Rodenberger sounds like a very shadey person who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

If one liked Rodenberger or not, he was not shady about anything, he let it be known up front what his dream job would be, to coach at one of the big GCL teams. Not sure the reason for the Bacon job, but CCH was told upfront, one has to respect that at least.

If one liked Rodenberger or not, he was not shady about anything, he let it be known up front what his dream job would be, to coach at one of the big GCL teams. Not sure the reason for the Bacon job, but CCH was told upfront, one has to respect that at least.

Never mind, I'm staying out of this issue. I'm spoken my thoughts on Brossart in the past.

It's all about timing. Brossart came into the position in a tough time with the old tough schedule that was left for him. He is a good coach just didn't come in a good position. It takes longer then 2 years to rebuild a program. Whoever the new coach turns out to be comes in with the new schedule Brossart made which won't be nearly as hard as the one Brossart came in playing.

It's all about timing. Brossart came into the position in a tough time with the old tough schedule that was left for him. He is a good coach just didn't come in a good position. It takes longer then 2 years to rebuild a program. Whoever the new coach turns out to be comes in with the new schedule Brossart made which won't be nearly as hard as the one Brossart came in playing.

As others have pointed out, it wasn't the W/L record as much as it was the way the team competed game in/game out.

Yeah I agree. I still look for Brossart to take a job somewere else and come back strong. He did a solid job at Finnytown turning that team around and I look forward to seeing where he comes back at.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

As others have pointed out, it wasn't the W/L record as much as it was the way the team competed game in/game out.

Which is my only argument against his being run. Brossart cant suit up and give effort. AS much as nobody wants to hear it, the games I watched them play it seemed many kids laid down. This was very surprising to me because I know the history of the program and the type of team they had in Rodenberg's last season. They gave up over 100pts and scored 0 against Highlands in their last two games. They being the players.

Yeah i agree. I still look for Brossart to take a job somewere else and come back strong. He did a solid job at Finnytown turning that team around and I look forward to seeing where he comes back at.

Brossart may end up being the o-line coach at CovCath, who knows for sure.

Which is my only argument against his being run. Brossart cant suit up and give effort. AS much as nobody wants to hear it, the games I watched them play it seemed many kids laid down. This was very surprising to me because I know the history of the program and the type of team they had in Rodenberg's last season. They gave up over 100pts and scored 0 against Highlands in their last two games. They being the players.

You wouldn't lay a lack of effort on the coach? Brossart either couldn't or wouldn't get the plays to give maximum effort. That, along with some questionable Xs and Os, is why he no longer the head coach.

It is funny how there is two sides to a story.

I have talked to a handful of parents,players and alumi tonight and everyone is more line with kyvince. I also have talked to a couple of next year top seniors and they wanted Brossart to stay and were looking forward to next year. One parent I talked to said the first thing his son said "we just got jobbed"

If the majority of the family, alumni and others associated with the program didn't want him out, then he would still be there.

While I realize their schedule last year turned out unusually tough due to several opponents having big years, it's not that much different than their typical schedule the last 5 or 6 years?

2008--they played Cardinal Mooney, Elder and Lou. St. X along with their normal NCC, B-Wood, Dixie, Scott, Holmes and of course Highlands.

2007--Elder, LaSalle, and Columbus St. Charles plus their normal local schools.

2006--Elder, Cincy St. X, Bishop Watterson plus locals.

2005--Cincy St. X, B. Watterson, Moeller plus locals.

2004--LaSalle, Elder, etc.

My point is everybody is blaming the tough schedule for Brossart's lack of results, but Rodenburg seemed to compete as did those before him; and I never heard anyone mention kids "quitting" in games before this staff took over??

I agree it takes more than 2 years to "rebuild a program" but this is not a down in the dumps program he took over; this is Covington Catholic, who by the way, won a state championship the year before he took over??

If the majority of the family, alumni and others associated with the program didn't want him out, then he would still be there.

I agree, once the witch hunt starts it usually ends with someone being hung. I am sure the Administration is doing what is best for the program as a whole so I dont want anyone thinking I am on one side or the other. I am just giving my two cents from an outsider's perspective. I know what I saw on the field from their players and it was a lot of head hanging after Highlands scored twice on them this past season. I saw Brossart trying to rally them on the sidelines and it didnt seem to work.