Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Juco Transfers

Featured Replies

Just trying to get this figured out. If a player attends a JUCO school and then the school turns into a four year school during the players second year does he have to sit out a year if he transfers to another four year school? The player was not aware of the change before he signed.

Just trying to get this figured out. If a player attends a JUCO school and then the school turns into a four year school during the players second year does he have to sit out a year if he transfers to another four year school? The player was not aware of the change before he signed.
Being a 4year school, does not equate to Division. Junior Colleges, are accredited differently, than D1 programs. '

 

Also, scholarships are renewable on a yearly basis. I would recommend, he consult with his adviser, on any educational concerns.

  • Author

Strike 3 I guess I still don't understand. If the JUCO changes to a four year school during the players normal last year under a Junior college rules and he wants to transfer to a division 1 scholl the ncaa says he has to set out a year is that right?

Strike 3 I guess I still don't understand. If the JUCO changes to a four year school during the players normal last year under a Junior college rules and he wants to transfer to a division 1 school the NCAA says he has to set out a year is that right?
Not that I'm aware, but never heard of this situation.

Ballfour - I assume you're talking about a situation like St Caths? Honestly, that is an interesting scenario. I would refer to the NCAA guidelines on transfer and probably call the NCAA office. I would BELIEVE that the player would be held to the original expectations and they would obtain their associate degree or required number of hours and be able to transfer as originally intended. However, I DO NOT know that - just guessing.

  • Author

Yea bluegrass you are right however, when I called the NCAA they were unsure because they haven't had this before. I will keep you posted with the results.

I believe this same senario occurred at Spalding a couple of years ago but I am not sure of the details.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.