Juco Transfers

BCHS4422

Just trying to get this figured out. If a player attends a JUCO school and then the school turns into a four year school during the players second year does he have to sit out a year if he transfers to another four year school? The player was not aware of the change before he signed.

Just trying to get this figured out. If a player attends a JUCO school and then the school turns into a four year school during the players second year does he have to sit out a year if he transfers to another four year school? The player was not aware of the change before he signed.
Being a 4year school, does not equate to Division. Junior Colleges, are accredited differently, than D1 programs. '

Also, scholarships are renewable on a yearly basis. I would recommend, he consult with his adviser, on any educational concerns.

Strike 3 I guess I still don't understand. If the JUCO changes to a four year school during the players normal last year under a Junior college rules and he wants to transfer to a division 1 scholl the ncaa says he has to set out a year is that right?

Strike 3 I guess I still don't understand. If the JUCO changes to a four year school during the players normal last year under a Junior college rules and he wants to transfer to a division 1 school the NCAA says he has to set out a year is that right?
Not that I'm aware, but never heard of this situation.

Ballfour - I assume you're talking about a situation like St Caths? Honestly, that is an interesting scenario. I would refer to the NCAA guidelines on transfer and probably call the NCAA office. I would BELIEVE that the player would be held to the original expectations and they would obtain their associate degree or required number of hours and be able to transfer as originally intended. However, I DO NOT know that - just guessing.