Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 93 Appalachian St. 69

Featured Replies

For the record it was scoring record by a UK player at Freedom Hall.

 

I wonder what the scoring record for a UL player is at Freedom Hall ? I hope Jodie can put up similar numbers the next time he plays there...

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes left in the game unless he was one basket away.

 

Why 2 minutes? UK could be up 30+ with 3 minutes left and you would keep the starters in?

How many points would they have to be up before you'd take Meeks out in this situation?

I say if a guy has played that well for you in a game and is 4 points away from 50 then let him try and get. I take back what I said while ago about them knowing he was close to Issel and say it was more of the 50 factor.

You gotta admit, telling your kids someday that I dropped fidty is much cooler than saying I had 46 points son.:jump:

Only 10,000 at the game???

 

The game in Louisville has been dying a slow death over the last 6-7 years or so. So-so oppoenent, a few days before Christmas...not exactly a great drawing card.

Why 2 minutes? UK could be up 30+ with 3 minutes left and you would keep the starters in?

 

Never said starters.

Said ONE player who is a basket or two away from setting the UK record for most points in a game.

 

It might do well to read the whole thread and get a good feel of the discussion before guerilla posting on one post.:thumb:

Pretty sad that only 10K were in attendance but apparently UK will have a better opportunity to draw a better opponent once UL exits FH. I like the fact that Stewart showed well, I've been waiting for him to play up to his billing, maybe this will be a sign of things to come for AJ.

Great shooting by Meeks. When he is hot, he is HOT! At one point he was 7 of 9 from the three point line. My only thing about Jodie, is that he is not a very good passer. And he certainly does not look to pass it seems ever. If a team double teams him, I do not know what he will do.

 

Meeks had a couple of nice assists today. :thumb:

Any shot of UK being ranked any time soon?

 

I would think that they are going to need to beat a quality opponent before they get moved into the top 25.

Never said starters.

Said ONE player who is a basket or two away from setting the UK record for most points in a game.

 

It might do well to read the whole thread and get a good feel of the discussion before guerilla posting on one post.:thumb:

 

Oh, I see we have a sensitive one on the board tonite.

 

"Guerilla post?" I question BCG keeping a starter in the game (and running up the score) and that's a guerilla post?

Oh, I see we have a sensitive one on the board tonite.

 

"Guerilla post?" I question BCG keeping a starter in the game (and running up the score) and that's a guerilla post?

 

BCG did the right thing by leaving Meeks and the rest of the regular players in the game. This team is trying to get better.

BCG did the right thing by leaving Meeks and the rest of the regular players in the game. This team is trying to get better.

 

Come on, Wireman. While I would disagree with you if you went along with the others' thinking that its OK because he was going for some nebulous point total, in no way does it seem logical to believe he was trying for Meeks to "get better."

Come on, Wireman. While I would disagree with you if you went along with the others' thinking that its OK because he was going for some nebulous point total, in no way does it seem logical to believe he was trying for Meeks to "get better."

 

He is trying to get his entire team playing better so we can win the SEC.

He is trying to get his entire team playing better so we can win the SEC.

 

No kidding. Was there some special "last 3 minutes " offense he wanted to run in order to help "win the SEC?" No. He was letting Meeks jack up off-balance 3s. You surely don't believe he was using those last couple of mintues to "get better," right?

No kidding. Was there some special "last 3 minutes " offense he wanted to run in order to help "win the SEC?" No. He was letting Meeks jack up off-balance 3s. You surely don't believe he was using those last couple of mintues to "get better," right?

 

I surely believe you're trying hard to stir the pot and I could really care less if the starters were in and UK was up by 100. Meeks had one of the most special games in the history of UK basketball and I have no problem with him allowing a player to enjoy himself. Meeks scored the most points ever scored in Freedom Hall and the 6th most ever scored in a Kentucky uniform. Why can't you let a kid enjoy a great day?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.