Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 93 Appalachian St. 69

Featured Replies

The one with a better record and RPI? That one? Really???

 

I have no idea how this turned into a UC thread, but you know that the RPI doesn't matter in December.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea how this turned into a UC thread, but you know that the RPI doesn't matter in December.

Mal turned it in to one. He also called UC a sacrificial lamb, which is a joke. So I pointed it out for him...

Thought this was about UK and only 10,000 in Freedom Hall. Focus it on UC if you'd like, I could care less...

 

Thats what I like. The I don't care chip. Well played:lol::lol:

Thought this was about UK and only 10,000 in Freedom Hall. Focus it on UC if you'd like, I could care less...

 

Two things:

 

If you could care less, then that would imply that you care. I'm assuming you mean that you couldn't care less, so we'll move on. :p

 

Secondly, here are the attendance numbers for Kentucky's home games this season. I cannot think of any programs that would be disappointed with these numbers.

 

VMI – 22,579

Delaware State – 21,594

Longwood – 20,105

Lamar – 21,350

Miami – 24,109

Missippi Valley State – 21,476

Indiana – 23,767

Two things:

 

If you could care less, then that would imply that you care. I'm assuming you mean that you couldn't care less, so we'll move on.

 

Secondly, here are the attendance numbers for Kentucky's home games this season. I cannot think of any programs that would be disappointed with these numbers.

 

VMI – 22,579

Delaware State – 21,594

Longwood – 20,105

Lamar – 21,350

Miami – 24,109

Missippi Valley State – 21,476

Indiana – 23,767

Which also shows Rupp isn't selling out. Good numbers, but not full...

Which also shows Rupp isn't selling out. Good numbers, but not full...

 

Look at the schedule. It's not secret that Kentucky hasn't played anybody worth the price of admission, with the exception of Miami & Indiana. Indiana is horrible, but they'll draw because of the rivalry...

Regardless UC or UK both teams attendences will only incline in the next couple of weeks. There are still College Football Bowl Games to be played and when conference play comes games will get much more competetive. I don't think sell out crowds will be happening till January.

Arguing over attendance??? Really guys? :lol: How did you become so bored?

Arguing over attendance??? Really guys? :lol: How did you become so bored?

 

My dad could beat up your dad :lol:

These numbers are from the UK website.

 

 

Average home attendance for each coach's tenure

 

Pitino...............Smith..............Gillispie

23,804.............23,421.............22,554

23,895.............22,763

23,806.............22,520

23,320.............22,710

23,929.............22,271

23,755.............21,014

24,025.............21,786

23,125.............22,448

......................23.367

......................23,946

 

Coach........Years......Games........Total Att............AVG

 

Gillispie.........1............18............405,964...........22,554

Smith...........10..........138.........3,120,761..........22,614

Pitino............8...........114.........2,701,955..........23,701

 

 

If CC's attendance numbers for this year are correct the Avg Att for the 7 cupcake games is 22,140. That number will go up as conference play starts.

Which also shows Rupp isn't selling out. Good numbers, but not full...

 

Its still a higher average than any other team managed for all of last season.

I'm sure all of the things you mentioned were a factor, but to me it also shows that there's no reason to continue the tradition of playing a game at Freedom Hall every year.

 

I agree...this game has been dying for a long while.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.