December 9, 200817 yr Maybe the Nike factor versus Adidas...I dunno though but thats my guess because Nike is so much bigger That could be it. :thumb:
December 9, 200817 yr I did not care for them. I'm of the mindset that you should wear your school colors. In this case, blue and white. If they wanted to honor Bill Keightley with special blue and white uniforms, fine.
December 9, 200817 yr Author Maybe the Nike factor versus Adidas...I dunno though but thats my guess because Nike is so much bigger I think you're right on.
December 9, 200817 yr What do you guys think about the black uniform tribute to Mr. Wildcat, Bill Keightley? I thought they were MAGNIFICENT. Thoughts? Once I saw what they were doing and the reason for it I loved it. A great tribute to a great man. Bill Keightly WAS KENTUCKY basketball! Keightly, like Cawood Ledford lived, loved,ate, drank and slept U.K. Basketball. That is what so many of us grew up with, dreaming of Kentucky basketball ond one day playing for the beloved Wildcats. Cawood and Keightly know what the tradition was and is and they lived it! May both of these great men R.I.P.. I must admit that when I first saw the Black uni's (not knowing yet what they were for) I about threw a fit, lol. I would hate to see a U.K. team come out in Black uni's...U.K. colors are Blue and White. .....period. No "neutral" colors needed or wanted (at least by this old school traditional Wildcat fan ). The Black 'Keightly uni's were a great touch to go with a great tribute to Mr. Wildcat. I also noticed the coaches and managers all in black suits as well. Keightly' wife and daughter were presented with a framed jersey #48 (commemorating the # of years with U.K.) that was put in the rafters with the rest of the U.K. retired jerseys / legends as it should be. His daughter also sat in his chair on the U.K. bench from the opening tip untill the first time out last night. Once again.....All Class tribute to our favorite "Wildcat". Mr. Keightly and Cawood Ledford are now watching over their Cats from "the best seat in the house"!
December 9, 200817 yr I did not care for them. I'm of the mindset that you should wear your school colors. In this case, blue and white. If they wanted to honor Bill Keightley with special blue and white uniforms, fine. :thumb: A one time only tribute, that's fine. Any more black instead of U.K. blue and white and Mr. Wildcat may come back and haunt whoever would be responsible..........and it would be warranted! LOL I also heard that the uni's were going auctioned off and the proceeds to go the the Bill Keightly Scholarship fund at U.K..Mr. Keightly would love that. Edited December 9, 200817 yr by oldrambler
December 9, 200817 yr Anyone have NCAA 09. UK has an alternate jersey on there and its silver. They are pretty sweet. Anything but Royal Blue and white for U.K. uni to me is unacceptable :irked:. (with the one time exception of these Keightly tribute uni's):thumb:
December 9, 200817 yr The black uni's are much better than the Converse "Denim", the ones with the "Ice cicles" on them from the 90's or the throw back greys from a couple years back. I wouldn't mind breaking these out a couple of times a year, I really liked them
December 9, 200817 yr The Black Unis will be sold at the UK Bookstore Thursday I believe Really? If that's right they could be the number one selling jersey this year if there isn't some kind of production limit put on them. Every kid that I have talked to since Sunday loved those jerseys.
December 10, 200817 yr Really? If that's right they could be the number one selling jersey this year if there isn't some kind of production limit put on them. Every kid that I have talked to since Sunday loved those jerseys. Only 500 being sold, and they are being sold for 150 or 1000 a pop.
December 10, 200817 yr Not a big UK fan either but I thought they were very cool looking. What a way to tribute Mr. Keightley. I agree with GT..once a year...forever!
December 10, 200817 yr Cool tribute for sure. Liked his name on the back. Black is in. All you old school folks - I understand, but wearing black as a base with the Blue and White on top is something you might as well get used to.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.