1A: Crittenden County Rockets (10-3) at Beechwood Tigers (12-1)

Birdsfan

Who wins this game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Yea I'll be there and I think since BW is a running team it will make things a little more competitive. We are very tough against the run but I don't think it will matter. Sounds like it'll be a smash mouth game, hopefully we are competitive. I know we haven't seen a team the caliber of BW this year

They are not your traditional running team. They run out of several formations, spread, I, bone, 2TE 1 back, the QB is fast and will run it and he can throw. #44 Tiepel is very good as well as #23 Joe Daniels. Not to mention that they can really play some defense. #72 Brady Slusher is a man, will be big time D-1 player, may even see him play the day after the D-1 players play.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we were driving back home from taking my daughter to Golconda Ill, (her boyfriend lives there and we met his parents) I caught this game via my car radio. Sounds to me from listening to most of the game, Beechwood should have little or no trouble in this contest! Just can't believe the Rockets can stop Beechwood. Good luck to both teams and Rockets fans it's a real nice drive from WKy to NKy, just take your time and be safe!

Anything can happen I suppose. Crittenden has a stable of good backs, they are very physical and love to hit. If Beechwood was an air it out team, I'd say that they'd win by as mnay as they want but at least BW's strength can play into CC's strength so maybe it'll be competitive. No matter what, its a huge feat for the Rockets to make it this far this year.

Me being a Mayfield I would like for CC to at least be competive . I have seen Beechwood play this year . I dont think CC can run the ball on them and CC is not a passing team. Beechwood will be a much more physical team than any other team CC has faced. I look for this to be a 4 to 7 TD victory for Beechwood.

They are not your traditional running team. They run out of several formations, spread, I, bone, 2TE 1 back, the QB is fast and will run it and he can throw. #44 Tiepel is very good as well as #23 Joe Daniels. Not to mention that they can really play some defense. #72 Brady Slusher is a man, will be big time D-1 player, may even see him play the day after the D-1 players play.

Pretty good scouting report on Beechwood, except they can throw it if they need to. The QB should be around 1,000 yards passing on the season now. I know Frankfort fans will be shocked to hear that but Beechwood was controlling that game with smash mouth wishbone football so they did not need to go to the pass. Offensively, Beechwood will find your weakness and then exploit it. Defensively they are definitely one of the best in the state with the strength to shut down the middle and the speed to keep you from going outside or over the top. Quan Weaver of Frankfort is one of the best backs I have seen in the last few years. He was only able to break one 40 yard run all night and had numerous runs for no gain or a loss. Beechwood has the whole package this year.

If I were CC fans, I'd plan on staying the night. 4 1/2 hour return trip, late at night is no fun. Been there, done that, when Heath played BW in the 91 semifinals. Fort Mitchell is a nice town, nice area, very close to Cincinnati. Have a safe trip and just hope to keep it close. BW is rarely not in the semifinals. They've been there, year after year. The CC players weren't even a gleam in daddy's eye the last time CC went this far. Plus, it's on the road. Not saying CC can't win, but if they do, I think Moses parting the red sea would pale in comparison. B

If I were CC fans, I'd plan on staying the night. 4 1/2 hour return trip, late at night is no fun. Been there, done that, when Heath played BW in the 91 semifinals. Fort Mitchell is a nice town, nice area, very close to Cincinnati. Have a safe trip and just hope to keep it close. BW is rarely not in the semifinals. They've been there, year after year. The CC players weren't even a gleam in daddy's eye the last time CC went this far. Plus, it's on the road. Not saying CC can't win, but if they do, I think Moses parting the red sea would pale in comparison. B

If they do, STAW AWAY from the Hotel USA across the interstate from the school, thank me later. :sssh::thumb:

I heard there is a possibility that the game may be moved to Saturday to accommodate the long trip CC has to make, and so that the kids do not have to miss school Friday. Has anyone else heard anything regarding this?

That would, indeed, be a thoughtful gesture to everyone. :thumb: