1A: Crittenden County Rockets (10-3) at Beechwood Tigers (12-1)

Birdsfan

Who wins this game?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard there is a possibility that the game may be moved to Saturday to accommodate the long trip CC has to make, and so that the kids do not have to miss school Friday. Has anyone else heard anything regarding this?
I was told by someone involved in Crittenden County's program that the Rockets intend to play on Friday night. Edited by westsider

I don't mean this in a bad or condescending way, but Beechwood is on a whole different level than anything Crittenden County has seen in recent years. Plus, the travel factor doesn't help matters.

I don't think we have much of a chance to win BUT I don't think you can get this far on accident and I'm sure had Mayfield won, no one would even suggest that a running clock as a possibility. Both teams like to grind it out and I think that will slow down the scoring and prevent any running clock, or at least I hope. I know that BW is on another level, but they play the game for a reason and I don't think the Rockets are gonna lay down and roll out the red carpet for Beechwood either. We are so far west that half those kids probably have never seen Beechwood and some couldn't even tell you where it is on a map, so I don't think the mystique of them would put the Rockets in Awe as much as Mayfield used to.

:p You know what I mean, here I'll clarify, "couldn't find Ft. Mitchell on a map":lol:

As long as they are on Northbound 75 they'll be fine. Only one Ft. Mitchell exit though so dont blink!

Any CC fans who want advice on where to eat/stay, please feel free to pm me.

There is parking at the school and on Beechwood Rd.

If those two places are full, a lot of people park at the local Krogers parking lot. There is an easy back entrance to the field from there. Just try not to take spaces that Kroger customers might like best! The people of Krogers try to be generous with us, but the spaces closest to the store they like for paying customers. There are a lot of spaces behind the store right by the gate.

Which makes one wonder.....who shops for groceries on Friday football nights in Ft. Mitchell??