Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheldon Clark 26 Mason Co. 20 (OT)

Featured Replies

Congrats to Sheldon Clark.

Edited by TheManster79
None special

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were several points in the game that could have made a difference from the early fumble by Mason County to the 4th and 3 call. The bottom line is that Sheldon Clark was able to sustain long, clock-eating drives primarily using short runs of 3-5 yards.

 

Coach Buchanan has brought the Mason County program light years ahead of where it had ever been. He's a class act. The kids and parents love him. I hope he stays for many years.

Graveytrain---ever stop to ponder that maybe that wasn't the "call?" Sometimes folks read the wrong play on the wristband. Sometimes coaches allow players to check out of a play that they may not like. Just a few guesses there.

 

Newarkcatholicfan---I would say after not hitting the chip shot, (PAT) the staff wasn't too comfortable in attempting a FG from the hash from a further distance. That would probably be my guess

 

Jordan Gilbert can actually hit this field goal!

Great job Cardinals. :thumb:

 

Looking forward to the rematch with Belfry next week. Nothing like playing football on Turkey Day weekend. :banana:

 

I saw the Schmidt clan at Belfry tonight. They looked like they could all suit up and play tackle, even Dad. What a great bunch of guys and great ambassadors for Sheldon Clark's program. Good people.

 

I wonder how many Belfry and Sheldon Clark fans will be thinking about 1998 this week? :sssh:

 

The dad more able to play tackle than the rest of them.... I guarentee that

BTW I know of one fan who is thinking of 1998!

BTW I know of one fan who is thinking of 1998!
I'm sure a lot of people will be, and there are a lot of similarities between the two.
Graveytrain---ever stop to ponder that maybe that wasn't the "call?" Sometimes folks read the wrong play on the wristband. Sometimes coaches allow players to check out of a play that they may not like. Just a few guesses there.

 

Newarkcatholicfan---I would say after not hitting the chip shot, (PAT) the staff wasn't too comfortable in attempting a FG from the hash from a further distance. That would probably be my guess.

 

To all you other folks who want to second guess "play calls." I GUESS that you were extremely happy with all the "calls" including the onside kick that got the Royals back into the football game after being 13 points down with less than 6 minutes to go.

 

Some of you all get on here and spout off about calls and this and that. It is really a shame that we didn't have this message board 13-14 years ago before David Buchanan got to Mason County. During that time I'm sure you would have had plenty of time to complain about "CALLS," being that Mason County only had three winning football seasons before David Buchanan got to Mason County. Since 1996, basically all he has done is turn around a TERRIBLE football program and turn it into a consistent winner and competitor.

Any Takers???? I mean seriously, I'm dying to hear the responses to this one.

 

Excellent!! :thumb:

Nice win for Sheldon Clark.

Congratulations to Sheldon Clark, good luck next week.

Congrats to the Cards on a great win, but the ture test is next.

The dad more able to play tackle than the rest of them.... I guarentee that

 

Sheesh, all 3 are washed up:D

The 4th and 3 that Pwsat took for a sneak wasn't really the call. The call was a curl route but there was an opening up the middle that Pawsat thought he could take. The coach had nothing to do with this call, but it is not Pawsat's fault either. He saw an opening and took it but it closed on him. He was trying to read the defense and get the royals in the best situation to win.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Mason County had the ball at the 17 right beofre the ot facing a fourth and three.

I know coach post on here so I was wondering why you did not try the field goal?

Not second guessing I was just wondering what the thought process was on this.

Thanks.

 

I do post on here at times, and I think BGPreps is great. After games like this, I guard my comments- and I will try to do the same on the radio show tomorrow night. If I don't, people will pick apart what I say in the hopes of finding blame for the loss, etc. I don't blame anyone. Our kids played very hard and I am very proud of them for the season we had. Sheldon Clark played well and won the game- congratulations to them. You can go back through that game and find several plays that could have impacted the game significantly for either team.

 

I appreciate the kind words in this thread. I am the poster boy for surrounding yourself with good people. The success we have had since 1996 goes directly back to the quality of players and coaches we have had- both in skill and character.

 

Thanks to the guru for providing a great place to talk about HS football. He works hard to run a first class operation. The recognition he gives kids is also a wonderful thing he does.

 

Good luck to Sheldon Clark and the remainder of the teams in the playoffs.

 

Congratulations to the Royals on a great season- you came a million miles since the Ashland scrimmage. We had a completely new offensive line and really struggled up front defensively, but our team found a way to put together a very successful season. You made us proud- Thank you!

 

Coach Buchanan

I do post on here at times, and I think BGPreps is great. After games like this, I guard my comments- and I will try to do the same on the radio show tomorrow night. If I don't, people will pick apart what I say in the hopes of finding blame for the loss, etc. I don't blame anyone. Our kids played very hard and I am very proud of them for the season we had. Sheldon Clark played well and won the game- congratulations to them. You can go back through that game and find several plays that could have impacted the game significantly for either team.

 

I appreciate the kind words in this thread. I am the poster boy for surrounding yourself with good people. The success we have had since 1996 goes directly back to the quality of players and coaches we have had- both in skill and character.

 

Thanks to the guru for providing a great place to talk about HS football. He works hard to run a first class operation. The recognition he gives kids is also a wonderful thing he does.

 

Good luck to Sheldon Clark and the remainder of the teams in the playoffs.

 

Congratulations to the Royals on a great season- you came a million miles since the Ashland scrimmage. We had a completely new offensive line and really struggled up front defensively, but our team found a way to put together a very successful season. You made us proud- Thank you!

 

Coach Buchanan

 

First class comments as usual from Coach Buchanan. :thumb:

Edited by Watusi
fixed quote format

I do post on here at times, and I think BGPreps is great. After games like this, I guard my comments- and I will try to do the same on the radio show tomorrow night. If I don't, people will pick apart what I say in the hopes of finding blame for the loss, etc. I don't blame anyone. Our kids played very hard and I am very proud of them for the season we had. Sheldon Clark played well and won the game- congratulations to them. You can go back through that game and find several plays that could have impacted the game significantly for either team.

 

I appreciate the kind words in this thread. I am the poster boy for surrounding yourself with good people. The success we have had since 1996 goes directly back to the quality of players and coaches we have had- both in skill and character.

 

Thanks to the guru for providing a great place to talk about HS football. He works hard to run a first class operation. The recognition he gives kids is also a wonderful thing he does.

 

Good luck to Sheldon Clark and the remainder of the teams in the playoffs.

 

Congratulations to the Royals on a great season- you came a million miles since the Ashland scrimmage. We had a completely new offensive line and really struggled up front defensively, but our team found a way to put together a very successful season. You made us proud- Thank you!

 

Coach Buchanan

Coach thanks for responding and again I was not 2nd guessing anythin I figured asking you was the best way to see what happened. Good luck in 09.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.