Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeMarcus Cousins

Featured Replies

DeMarcus Cousins, the No. 1 center in the Class of 2009, may not sign with Alabama-Birmingham in the early period because he wants an escape clause if head coach Mike Davis should end up leaving, USA Today reported.

 

“That’s exactly it,” Cousins said Wednesday night. “It (an agreement) would be between me and Coach Davis.”

 

If UAB doesn’t agree to his clause, Cousins would wait until the late signing period (April-May 2009) before signing.

 

“I’m just waiting, and I’m going to see how the season goes for them (UAB) and other schools,” he said. “I hope I can still sign in the early signing period, but it’s looking more like that may not happen.”

 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2008/11/15/henry-says-decision-biggest-of-his-life/#more-6944

IMO, if a player signs with a school and the coach leaves they should have the option of going elsewhere. Obviously you sign with the school but you develop a relationship with a coach. I know how it feels to go to a school thinking someone will be the coach, then that coach leaves.

Pretty smart if you ask me. Why should he commit to a situation that may not be there when he arrives. I guess not everybody could get away with this, but a player of his stature will not be left without a scholarship somewhere should he feel the need to go elsewhere.

Cousins is thinking things through unlike most other players. Any chance that if UAB doesn't agree with the clause that Cousins opts out of the commitment and maybe, possibly, come to UK?

So I'm assuming he's not a one and done?

  • Author
So I'm assuming he's not a one and done?

He's a one and done. He wants protection for the one...

It's been said time and time again... But this is an extremely smart move by him. You're a 5 star player, why would you want to sign a LOI? Somebody is absolutely going to take you, no reason to be locked in somewhere you don't want to be.

He's a one and done. He wants protection for the one...

 

Is Mike Davis already in jeopardy in Birmingham?

  • Author
Is Mike Davis already in jeopardy in Birmingham?

More about "movin' on up" if you will...

If I were as high profile as Cousins is, I'd be doing the exact same thing.

 

It's a good decision on his part.

  • Author

Here's what I've been told on this one. The AD and Davis don't get along and that's the foundation of Cousins demand. He will not sign the LOI and allow the AD to trap him in if he gets rid of Davis after the season...

More about "movin' on up" if you will...

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You're joking.

Here's what I've been told on this one. The AD and Davis don't get along and that's the foundation of Cousins demand. He will not sign the LOI and allow the AD to trap him in if he gets rid of Davis after the season...

I cannot say I blame him. Even waiting to see if Davis is around for next season, it never ensures he will be around, if the AD dislikes him as much as reported. Does Cousin's think he is one-and-done anyways?

 

Where is Cousin's #2 choice?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.