Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK @ UNC 11/18

Featured Replies

UNC was without 3 key players as well.

 

The three players UNC has out really doesn't mean much.

 

VMI doesn't have one player that would compare to anyone on UNC's team and they managed to beat us.

 

I just don't see how a sane fan could think that we will beat UNC tuesday.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UNC was without 3 key players as well.

 

Frasor played...

The good news, Kentucky can't start the game any worse than what they did against VMI.

 

Bad news, they are playing a much better team. So UK is competitive, but I would say UNC wins by 10 or so.

UK can win this game. It only took about 10 minutes of watching UNC play Penn to realize that there not that great without T. IMO UK is better suited to play against a team such as UNC rather than a team that thrives on putting up alot of shots and run n gun. Our strength is to get Patterson involved with every possession. Pat can't exsist in a game where he has to continously run the court

UK can win this game. It only took about 10 minutes of watching UNC play Penn to realize that there not that great without T. IMO UK is better suited to play against a team such as UNC rather than a team that thrives on putting up alot of shots and run n gun. Our strength is to get Patterson involved with every possession. Pat can't exsist in a game where he has to continously run the court

 

UNC is a running team. I am not sure where they ended the season, but it was near the top of the scoring list.

UNC is a running team. I am not sure where they ended the season, but it was near the top of the scoring list.

 

Great point. UNC (even without Psycho T) thrives off pressure on the ball and getting out in transition. I expect the Cats to keep this game close, but a blowout wouldn't be a surprise. If UK once again has a major hole at PG, it's big trouble. Liggins has to make it happen on the big stage...

If UK once again has a major hole at PG, it's big trouble. Liggins has to make it happen on the big stage...

 

I think that is already obvious. We struggle to get the ball-up the court against what may be the worst D-1 defense that I have ever seen. Porter is smart to let Perry Stevenson dribble up the floor rather than himself, and Liggins's dribble comes about 6 feet off the ground.

"Run It Up Roy" will have and imo will take that very opportunity. I hope that I am wrong and with UNC with some players out or questionable for this one then just maybe the Cats can shock the Dean Dome. However, my honest prediction.......

 

UNC 92

U.K. 66

If Tyler plays, I think Carolina wins just because of the fact he makes players around him better (and he gets a lot of calls), but I am not worried about Tyler beating Kentucky.

 

On the other hand, if he doesn't play, I think Kentucky will walk in and take this win. I know it sounds absurd, especially after Friday, but Carolina is an entirely different team without Hansborough.

 

Kentucky 82-75

North Carolina, unfortunately, 82-75.

I think UK will come out and play inspired and really give it everything they got. But your playing the #1 team in the nation at their place. Its also a team with a lot more experience. I do think it will be close, but UNC will win in the end (as bad as I hate to say it).

My heart says it will be a lot closer than people should expect. Unfortunately that is only my heart!

 

UNC 95

UK 78

UK-83

UNC-82

 

 

Cats get the upset!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.