Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier vs Covington Catholic

Who will win? 181 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • St. Xavier
      93%
      169
    • Covington Catholic
      6%
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there even a need to ask this?

 

Seriously. The only team on their schedule that could have matched up with X got waxed by them 30-6. The next best team got beaten 36-13. If they're lucky the St.X faithful might have a game worth watching in round 3 of the playoffs. Considering he first meeting between those teams was one of the above scores it might not mean much.

 

Just a thought-What makes you think Trinity is better than Central? Both teams lost by 4 scores to X this year, Trinity on a neutral field and Central at St X, both won championships last year, both outgained St X in their games ( if Phillips doesn't take a 29 yard loss) Central has 3 D1 athletes versus 2 possibly 3 for Trinity. Me thinks that alot of people haven't seen Coach Ty Scroggins' team and don't know how good they are. They ran very effectively Friday night on X's defense. Understand that this is a pro Central post.

It really shouldn't be much of a choice here unless you are masochistic. You can either watch Georgia pound the stuffings out of a team you love, or watch a team you love pound the stuffings out of Covington Catholic. Personally I always enjoyed being the poundor instead of the poundee. :fight: :lol: :fight:

 

Looks like I am heading to Covington when you put it that way!

Haven't heard much of Deuce Finch this year, does anybody know how he is doing?

BTW i also havent heard much of Tim Phillips either.

Just a thought-What makes you think Trinity is better than Central? Both teams lost by 4 scores to X this year, Trinity on a neutral field and Central at St X, both won championships last year, both outgained St X in their games ( if Phillips doesn't take a 29 yard loss) Central has 3 D1 athletes versus 2 possibly 3 for Trinity. Me thinks that alot of people haven't seen Coach Ty Scroggins' team and don't know how good they are. They ran very effectively Friday night on X's defense. Understand that this is a pro Central post.

 

Isn't this a CCH-X thread? :confused:

Looks like I am heading to Covington when you put it that way!

 

Actually it's Park Hills!!! I thought i would help you out before someone else did.:thumb::D

This game will be over after the first quarter. ST. X-63 CovCath-0

Precisely why I love the T/X playoff games. :lol:

 

But you must cry and assume a fetal position a lot during the regular season X/T games, BF. :cry: :lol: :cry:

 

I don't want you or I to be accused of thread stealing this X/Cov. Cath. thread into an X/T lamblast, so let's get back to this Saturday. You know how some moderators are.

 

Prediction: St. X. 45 - Covington Catholic 7 (Lamont McMurray gets some varsity touches at TB in this one, and breaks a couple of long runs.)

Just a thought-What makes you think Trinity is better than Central? Both teams lost by 4 scores to X this year, Trinity on a neutral field and Central at St X, both won championships last year, both outgained St X in their games ( if Phillips doesn't take a 29 yard loss) Central has 3 D1 athletes versus 2 possibly 3 for Trinity. Me thinks that alot of people haven't seen Coach Ty Scroggins' team and don't know how good they are. They ran very effectively Friday night on X's defense. Understand that this is a pro Central post.

 

 

I have no doubt that they are an excellent squad. Just that we are more multi-dimensional on offense, deeper. Also now that we are healthier I think it is safe to say we may only lose by 2 scores to the all-powerful Tigers.

I don't want you or I to be accused of thread stealing this X/Cov. Cath. thread into an X/T lamblast, so let's get back to this Saturday. You know how some moderators are.
I wouldn't know anymore. :cool:

 

But I agree with you on sticking to the thread subject. :thumb:

Ugly special of the week. Just don't see how it can be within 50 points.

I have no doubt that they are an excellent squad. Just that we are more multi-dimensional on offense, deeper. Also now that we are healthier I think it is safe to say we may only lose by 2 scores to the all-powerful Tigers.

Not about CCH -X. But then again, every thing revolves around one school.

CCH led St X last year 14-3 at half. Sometimes teams just don't match up well.

Looking at records, X by alot but then UofL was favored by 35 against Syracuse last year and 12 this year.

Last year at halftime the score was CCH 14 STX 3, but, the final score was CCH 14 STX 31. It was 28 - 0 second half advantage STX. This game also was played without DEUCE FINCH and the big lineman from STX who now plays at UK. I suppose a 17 point loss is a close game??

The only person that will be affective for the colonels will be Van Sant. I see him scoring one toiuchdown and catching a few passes. Colonels getting blown out 45-7.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.