Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier vs Covington Catholic

Who will win? 181 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • St. Xavier
      93%
      169
    • Covington Catholic
      6%
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Actually I am referencing the Third Punic War when, after Rome defeated Carthage for the third and final time, they plowed salt into the ground to keep things from growing there.

 

At least according to the story. :D

Let me guess. You heard that story second-hand from a disgruntled Numidian in one of your past lives. :cool:
  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess. You heard that story second-hand from a disgruntled Numidian in one of your past lives. :cool:

 

 

Not quite, although Dr. Mahoney at Bellarmine is close enough in age to have been an eye witness. :walk:

Is there anyway we can see who the 7 bgp'rs are that voted for CovCath. :scared:

 

Why do you feel the need to know that?

Is there anyway we can see who the 7 bgp'rs are that voted for CovCath. :scared:

 

Hey it's a funny game!!!!:D You never know:sssh:

Why do you feel the need to know that?

 

Uuhhhhh, because I am allowed to ask that question. And to see how many HHS people are playing with ya. Bam! Add another!:banana:

For those of you who are unable to attend Saturday's 1:00 P.M. game between St. X. and Covington Catholic, the game will be broadcast on 1450 AM instead of the usual 790 or 1080. This move had to be made to avoid conflict with college game broadcasts....GO TIGERS!!

I was one, but I just wanted to see if I'd be the only one. Looks like seven others thought the same way.:D

 

I was one too, but it was only because I support all NKY teams that aren't playing HHS. I know that X will most likely be the victor. Heck, their JV team could challenge for a state title in many other divisions after what I saw them capable of doing. BTW, Colonel fans better get their early because X brought up about 100+ fans to HHS for the JV game and even their own Medical Staff SUV w/ Trailer in tow. If they will show up like that for JV, you know how they travel for Varsity. I honestly haven't seen X Varsity play this year but if they are better than their JV, which I am certain they are, look out! I have seriously never seen the speed and athleticism on any team that I did of X's JV (with the exception of Colerain).

 

Here is my prediction:

 

X will either cruise to an easy ending of the year or Cov Cath coach Brossart has started feeling the heat and masterminds the All-Time underdog victory upsetting a Nationally ranked team who came into Park Hills underestimating a talented opponent. How many times has HHS underestimated Cov Cath and paid the price for it?

"They look awfully good on film, but their record isn't very good against some pretty tough teams," Tigers coach Mike Glaser said of CovCath. "They had us down 14-3 at halftime last year, so we've challenged our kids to win the first half this time. They embarrassed us last year in the first half."

 

- The Courier-Journal

"They look awfully good on film, but their record isn't very good against some pretty tough teams," Tigers coach Mike Glaser said of CovCath. "They had us down 14-3 at halftime last year, so we've challenged our kids to win the first half this time. They embarrassed us last year in the first half."

 

- The Courier-Journal

 

Watching film and the scoreboard are two different things. I would say that Cov Cath does have a solid team, I do question some of the new methods and leadership since it seems to be very different from past sucessful coaching staffs there. All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't put points on the board. Just ask Trotwood-Madison. They learned that last year.

ST. X BIG TIME! CC does not even score.

 

You can leave...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.