Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 07 vs 08

Featured Replies

Two great teams!!...Who wins head to head?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll hear a lot of Highlands BGP'ers say that everyone will need to wait to see how 2008 shakes out before making any definitive comparisons. The 2007 team I think had a lot more senior leadership, and more depth overall. It also seems that (with the exception of the Colerain game this year) Highlands' 2007 schedule was overall tougher than this year's schedule. Even though most of the opponents are the same, it appears that some of these opponents were better in 2007 than 2008 (such as LexCath, CovCath, Dixie and Louisville Central, although this last game has not yet been played this year). Madison Central appears better this year than last year, however. It should be an interesting test for the 'Birds.

 

We'll know more by mid-December!!!!

According to Massey, 2007 Highlands wins 38-23

 

LINK

Gotta go with 2007. 2008 is good but IMO I believe that 2007 was more agressive.

This years squad is very good but it is tough to compare it to last year. Last year was a once in a lifetime group of seniors that provided unparalleled leadership and dedication. Both teams had great athletes, heck many of this years team played huge roles in last year's championship season. But, in my opinion, last year's squad edges out this year by a nose. Partly because of the depth they had which would include many of this years starters.

I think I'd take 07 over 08. The 2007 team had great senior leadership and was deeper than this year's squad IMO. Last year's team could go down as one of the best in HHS storied history. One thing's for sure, by mid-December, as stated earlier, we'll be able to give a lot better analysis as hopefully this year's squad ends their season the same way as last year's....bringing home another state title to Fort Thomas.

This years squad is very good but it is tough to compare it to last year. Last year was a once in a lifetime group of seniors that provided unparalleled leadership and dedication. Both teams had great athletes, heck many of this years team played huge roles in last year's championship season. But, in my opinion, last year's squad edges out this year by a nose. Partly because of the depth they had which would include many of this years starters.

 

Hey I agree that last years probably beats this years, heck I think my year beats this years which of course I think was one of the best, but that's for another time and place and "ERA". But the bolded part above is what's wrong with last year. That wasn't a once in a life time team. Wasn't 1998,2000, or even any other team that won state a "once in a lifetime team". It's all about opinion and I don't agree with the above. But that's mine.

...heck I think my year beats this years which of course I think was one of the best...
That was a pretty special group. :thumb:

2007 team was deeper and faster. But since it was brought up...I am going to have to go with the 98' team.

Hey I agree that last years probably beats this years, heck I think my year beats this years which of course I think was one of the best, but that's for another time and place and "ERA". But the bolded part above is what's wrong with last year. That wasn't a once in a life time team. Wasn't 1998,2000, or even any other team that won state a "once in a lifetime team". It's all about opinion and I don't agree with the above. But that's mine.

 

If you read the part that you bolded, it does not say a once in a lifetime team. It says a once in a lifetime group of seniors. If you knew these young men and watched them grow up and progress through their football careers, and witnessed the character of that group, one could not help but agree with that statement. They were a truly special group.

I bet Dale said this was his best and fastest team, but I be he said the same thing in '07. This years team hasn't even seen a full game from Conner, so it has to be a bit difficult to handicap. I haven't seen HHS in '08 yet, but I can safely say they are probably a bit more complete offensively, Cecil was a great QB, but Guidugli seems to add that extra dimension in the passing game.

I bet Dale said this was his best and fastest team, but I be he said the same thing in '07. This years team hasn't even seen a full game from Conner, so it has to be a bit difficult to handicap. I haven't seen HHS in '08 yet, but I can safely say they are probably a bit more complete offensively, Cecil was a great QB, but Guidugli seems to add that extra dimension in the passing game.

 

I definitely agree with this statement. But I think 09's will be the best.

Since it was brought up, I'll throw my two cents. I'd take 07 to beat 08, probably by more than a touchdown. The 08 team has an advantage at quarterback and is better overall in the defensive backfield. After that, I can't see any advantages for this year's group.

 

As far as best I've seen, I'd put 82, 97, 98, 99, and 00 ahead of either team. May even throw in the 89 team, but like someone else said, we're comparing era's now.

One thing seems true... this year's team has had to deal with more adversity than last year's. It speaks a lot to the focus and strength of this year's team that the team can stay on track the way they have, despite losing arguably the team's best player (Conner) exactly ONE week before the start of the season, PLUS losing one of the team's best defensive linemen (Frank) for the first half of the season, PLUS not having the team's starting kicker (Weinel) for most of the year, PLUS not having the team's back-up running back (Crawford) for a few games, including the game against archrival CCH. And still, the 'Birds keep rolling!

One thing seems true... this year's team has had to deal with more adversity than last year's. It speaks a lot to the focus and strength of this year's team that the team can stay on track the way they have, despite losing arguably the team's best player (Conner) exactly ONE week before the start of the season, PLUS losing one of the team's best defensive linemen (Frank) for the first half of the season, PLUS not having the team's starting kicker (Weinel) for most of the year, PLUS not having the team's back-up running back (Crawford) for a few games, including the game against archrival CCH. And still, the 'Birds keep rolling!

 

Great points. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.