Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 07 vs 08

Featured Replies

Would the 2008 team get a completely healthy Josh Conner?

 

That's what I was asking earlier

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was asking earlier

 

For me, I look at how the team was at the end of the postseason when these comparisons come up. So, I will think about (and judge) 2008 Highlands by how good the team is at the end of the year, and if Conner is playing for the team at that time, then he's included at the level of play he's operating at (be it 80% or 100% or whatever).

No one reads your posts.:lol:

 

Evidently not (well other than Henry and the Streaker).:D

BTW... the 2004 was a great team as well and deserves recognition as one of the finest! The 2004 team stopped the dynasty in CAKE Town as they defeated a very well coached Boyle County team.

 

I THINK I was at that 2004 Boyle County game....:sssh::D

 

The 2004 team was another special team to come through Highlands. Top to bottom they were probably one of the more athletic teams in Highlands history and had several players go big time D1.

I'd say the '08 offense is much more potent than last year's with TG at QB and able to pass and run the way he can, but I'd give the defense of 07 the advantage. Stein, Ball, and Simons were animals. Either way both will end up with a state title, so who cares who was better long as they're bringing the hardware home in December. :thumb:

I'd say the '08 offense is much more potent than last year's with TG at QB and able to pass and run the way he can, but I'd give the defense of 07 the advantage. Stein, Ball, and Simons were animals. Either way both will end up with a state title, so who cares who was better long as they're bringing the hardware home in December. :thumb:

 

Bingo!:thumb:

I will go with the 97 team. There wasn't a more talented team top to bottom to wear the Highlands uniform. Period!!!

 

I know that I'm splitting hairs, but I think that you meant the '98 team.

I know that I'm splitting hairs, but I think that you meant the '98 team.

 

No i didn't!! I meant 97

No i didn't!! I meant 97

 

The 97' team lost to CCH in the MudBowl. The 98' team beat everyone by about 40.

The 97' team lost to CCH in the MudBowl. The 98' team beat everyone by about 40.

 

If Highlands just runs the ball in the 2nd half this game is over but instead we had in our heads that we needed to score a 100 points by passing every down and stopping the clock. Yes it does go down in the record books as being one of the greatest CovCath wins and it should. It should read though that Highlands was up enough at half that the reserves could of won that game by just running between the tackles. But we didn't and we lost!!!!:madman:

Having played against both teams. I would say last year's team was slightly better for a couple of reasons. Frist, the QB was a leader and a stud, and second I think last year's team was more physical on defense. That's not a knock on this year's QB. This year's team is more diverse offensively and seems much more comfortable throwing the ball.

Both very good teams obviously, but I'd give the edge to last year’s squad.

That was a pretty special group. :thumb:

 

In 1992, we only had 35 kids on Varsity/JV and won state. I think that mathmatically, we were pretty special.

In 1992, we only had 35 kids on Varsity/JV
Yeah, that was a shameful thing; but I still like that 82 group for some reason. :cool:
Yeah, that was a shameful thing; but I still like that 82 group for some reason. :cool:

 

Well, we started the season with many more but lost several to the jingle/jangles. Those were required to make the team when TD was coach. I believe that you had to run 10 of them and each had to be under a certain time. We also lost 2 of our most talented players during two-a-days because he refused to let them get water, which we all now know is a big no-no. If those guys would have stuck around, it would've made our year a lot easier. In retrospect, I can't say I blame them for leaving now, but they missed the ring. I would say that my nephew's team that got 3 rings in a row was a pretty special team, but my other nephew that graduated last year had a pretty fantastic team as well.

Having played against both teams. I would say last year's team was slightly better for a couple of reasons. Frist, the QB was a leader and a stud, and second I think last year's team was more physical on defense. That's not a knock on this year's QB. This year's team is more diverse offensively and seems much more comfortable throwing the ball.

Both very good teams obviously, but I'd give the edge to last year’s squad.

 

Fair comments. Just keep in mind that when you played Highlands this year, Highlands did not have Josh Conner (they did when you played them last year) and was also missing Jerrod Frank who is one of our most effective run-stopping D linemen and is very physical. If he'd have hit you a few times, you may think differently about whether last year's team was more physical on D. :D:D. Also something else to keep in mind is that last year you played at Highlands but this year played at Hoptown. As you know from experiencing it, a 4.5 hour bus drive, does take a little bit out of you. But your perspective is probably better than any of ours since you played against both teams. Thanks for your input.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.