Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 07 vs 08

Featured Replies

LN if you HAD to choose the best team that you have ever seen at HHS what team would it be and why???

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LN if you HAD to choose the best team that you have ever seen at HHS what team would it be and why???

 

I can answer that one. '75 :D

I can answer that one. '75 :D

 

Besides that one...:D

LN if you HAD to choose the best team that you have ever seen at HHS what team would it be and why???

 

Man, I just couldn't do that. Way too many intangibles to intelligently pick one team over the other. Year to year comparisons are tough enough. Picking the best team ever, over the course of decades, would be impossible. Sorry to dodge your answer, but I just think it's impossible.

I can answer that one. '75 :D

 

We had a very good football team that year, but I still couldn't say it was the best. Sorry Henry. :laugh:

If we are going to do the silly exercise of comparing teams, I'm going with the 43 team. :thumb:

 

You already choose the '43 team.:dancingpa

You already choose the '43 team.:dancingpa

 

LN must of seen stills of the game...:lol::lol::lol:

LN must of seen stills of the game...:lol::lol::lol:

 

I've watched tape of the 43 team (just kidding, as was my post that it was the best team). :D

We had a very good football team that year, but I still couldn't say it was the best. Sorry Henry. :laugh:

 

But you lost to Campbell County...Idiots...I have had hear about that for 30 years from my wife! If I am not mistaken, you also lost to them your Soph year!

While its almost if not impossible to compare teams, for the sake of playing along here are my thoughts:

 

I don't necessarily agree that last year's schedule was tougher.

 

Trotwood Madison, the regular season signature win, turned out to not be near as good as advertised. Sure they had the D1 athletes, but the team itself wasn't very good. They got beat often during the regular season and didn't advance very far in the Ohio playoffs. Colerain was significantly better than Trotwood. While we lost to Colerain, I thought we played them pretty tough. Give me Conner and Frank, and I say we beat them. For those that say injuries are part of the game and shouldn't be an excuse for losing, tell that to the Las Vegas bookies who kind of changed their odds of New England winning the Super Bowl after Brady got hurt. They make their living analyzing games and they sure think Brady's injury greatly effected the Patriots chances of winning games.

 

CovCath wasn't any better last year than this year and the margin of victory this year was much, much greater.

 

Dixie was better last year; having said that, the ease of victory this year was much, much greater.

 

Ryle, well I have a hard time figuring Ryle out, this year and last. I honestly can't say which team was better. Maybe last year's Ryle team but if so, not by much.

 

Scott had better athletes last year, but I thought the team was better coached this year and their players showed a lot more enthusiasm in my opinion.

 

Holmes, no better or worse from last year.

 

LexCath was probably better last year, but that was a pretty good football team we beat Friday. I know they started slow (probably because of all the new starters) but I think they'll win 4A again. Again, the ease and margin of victory this year was much greater than last year. At half time last year, I was concerned. This year, it was already a no doubter.

 

Madison Central appears to be better this year although until I see them play, I can't really know.

 

As for Lou Central. I've seen them play and as of a couple of weeks ago, their O is not as good as last year. Their D is of course stout. Based on a one game observation, they probably aren't as good as last year. If we beat them, the margin of victory will be a factor in this debate.

 

All in all, I'd say the schedule is a push and to the extent it leans towards last year's being better, the margin of victory advantage this year provides some off set. Plus the fact we've basically played most of those games without Conner and Frank of course needs to be kept in mind.

 

I won't and can't say which team is better. As I look at positions, I see some slight advantages on the 07 team and I see some slight advantages on the 08team. Bottom line is that they are all Birds and as Dale likes to say, this year's team got to where they are on the shoulders of past teams, as was the case with the 07 team.

 

 

Frankly, how can anyone compare the two teams when the '08 squad is in the middle of their march to Louisville? Let's compare after the '08 team brings home the bacon... eh trophy!

 

(Just for argument's sake... There is little doubt to me that the '07 Cov Cath, Holmes and Dixie squads were better last year than what we witnessed this year. I think '07 Trotwood is equal to the '08 Colerain team... On the flip side, I think the 'Birds will face stiffer competition in their quest for #18. Johnson Central and John Hardin will be formidable opponents. The '07 team practically waltzed to Louisville.) I guess the Massey ratings will be the final answer! :laugh:

Frankly, how can anyone compare the two teams when the '08 squad is in the middle of their march to Louisville? Let's compare after the '08 team brings home the bacon... eh trophy! (Just for argument sake... There is little doubt that the '07 Cov Cath, Holmes and Dixie squads were better last year that what we witnessed this year. I think '07 Trotwood is equal to the '08Colerain team... ) I guess the Massey ratings will be the final answer! :laugh:

 

Have you been tipping the Woodford this afternoon?:creepy: No way were they equal.

Have you been tipping the Woodford this afternoon?:creepy: No way were they equal.
You beat me to it. ;)

What really disappoints me about this thread is that no one has pointed out the gross and total inconsistency of me saying you cannot compare one Highlands team to another while I at the same time made a long post comparing our opponents of last year to their teams this year. Come on folks I intentionally did that waiting for some one to call me on it, and no one called me out! Slackers.:D

 

And SS, you have got to be kidding me comping Trotwood of last year to Colerain of this year. You've been doing something much stronger than Woodford. :creepy:

What really disappoints me about this thread is that no one has pointed out the gross and total inconsistency of me saying you cannot compare one Highlands team to another while I at the same time made a long post comparing our opponents of last year to their teams this year. Come on folks I intentionally did that waiting for some one to call me on it, and no one called me out! Slackers.:D

No one reads your posts.:lol:

Would the 2008 team get a completely healthy Josh Conner?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.