Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best comedian of all time?

Featured Replies

Who is your favorite or in your opinion, the greatest comedian of all time?

 

For me, its George Carlin followed closely by Richard Pryor

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand Dane Cook for some reason. Are we talking about stand up comic or what?

Assuming we're talking standup...

 

George Carlin is the best, IMO.

 

Not claiming they're the best, but my other favorites are:

 

Bill Maher

Dave Chappelle

Jeff Dunham (hilarious show in Pikeville)

 

And then much lower down... Katt Williams is growing on me.

Assuming we're talking standup...

 

George Carlin is the best, IMO.

 

Not claiming they're the best, but my other favorites are:

 

Bill Maher

Dave Chappelle

Jeff Dunham (hilarious show in Pikeville)

 

And then much lower down... Katt Williams is growing on me.

 

I forgot about him, he is hilarious.

Dave Chappelle is the funniest man of all time, hands down.

Robin Williams

 

Bill Cosby - Ever hear some of his early comedy records? All good clean fun.

 

George Carlin

 

Sam Kinnison - Good dirty fun.:sssh:

Robin Williams

 

Bill Cosby - Ever hear some of his early comedy records? All good clean fun.

 

George Carlin

 

Sam Kinnison - Good dirty fun.:sssh:

Driving in San Francisco

Noah: Right!

Noah: Me and You, Lord

 

Those are my favorites from his early stuff.

Old guard: Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Steven Wright, Sam Kinison,

Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy, Redd Foxx. Bob Newhart was one of the funniest ever in his day.

 

Newer: Lewis Black, Katt Williams, Dave Chappelle. D.L. Hughley, Bill Hicks (deceased)

I was a big Bernie Mac fan. Pretty much liked the whole kings of comedy crew. Like Chappell, Katt Williams, Eddie Griffin, Mike Epps, John Witherspoon (maybe my favorite) and Ralphie May was good when I saw him at the Funny Bone.

 

I really like Rodney Carrington and Jeff Dunham too.

Loved Abbot and Costello and Bob Newhart.

Robin Williams

 

Bill Cosby - Ever hear some of his early comedy records? All good clean fun.

 

George Carlin

 

Sam Kinnison - Good dirty fun.:sssh:

 

My parents had quite a few of them when I was a kid - it was neat because he was clean enough that I was allowed to listen to them. Why is There Air, Wonderfulness, To Russell My Brother Whom I Slept With were some of them.

 

Maybe my favorite of all was college professor named Tom Lehrer. He was doing social consciousness stuff (as well as just plain goofy stuff) back in the early fifties, accompanied himself on the piano. "The Old Dope Peddler", "The Masochism Tango", "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park", "Be Prepared", "Oedipus Rex", "Lobachevsky", and the immortal "I Hold Your Hand in Mine" - what memories. Those who have heard know of what I speak.

 

I hold your hand in mine, dear,

I press it to my lips.

I take a healthy bite

From your dainty fingertips.

 

My joy would be complete, dear,

If you were only here,

But still I keep your hand

As a precious souvenir.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.