Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic at Highlands Predictions

And the winner is? 169 members have voted

  1. 1. And the winner is?

    • Lexington Catholic
      12%
      21
    • Highlands
      87%
      148

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried that some Highlands fans are reading too much into the margins of victory HHS has had this year. Given that (to date, at least) the level of competition Highlands has faced has not been all that great (the district is WAY down this season), it should be no surprise that Highlands has put up some crazy scores this season. I know LexCath had a bit of a rocky start to the season, but something tells me that LexCath is no Scott, Holmes, CovCath, Dixie, Ryle or Hopkinsville right now. Highlands will very likely win, but I wouldn't be surprised if things go back and forth between these two champions for a good part of the game.

 

And while I agree with FTBIGBIRD2 that HHS blowouts are much better to watch than nail-biters, I do think that it would be good for Highlands to have one or two relatively close battles just before the postseason, to keep the competitive juices flowing strong and to keep the team grounded and not overly confident.

 

I'll agree with this. LexCath has played Highlands tough every time I have seen them play.

I think Lexington Cath. will give Highlands a good game,but will come up short.Final score,Highlands 35,Catholic 20. The best of luck to both of these powerhouses.

I agree with other posters about HHS giving up a lot of points. I don't see them giving up very many to anyone else this year. Their defense is awfully good. I say somewhere in the range of HHS 35 LexCath 7. Oh, on the blowout front that people don't like to see, others do like to see it because it allows those parents of players on the team to be able to see their kids play their senior year. Kids like it too.

Highlands by 28

The last time the Knights visited Ft. Thomas, the canon was kept quiet. Not this time though. Birds roll again.

Highlands by a good amount though I think if Lex Cath can remain confident and make some plays they might be able to keep this one respectable awhile. I just don't think Lex Cath has the talent to run with Highlands or any of the other big teams right now. Finally, after a good period of time, I'd have to say Lex Cath has hit a rebuilding year.

After looking at some things, there is a whole lot of sandbagging going on by LexCath folks. I think the LexCath fans are setting the Highlands fans up for a big disappointment. LexCath IS a lot better than advertised folks. Birds better bring their A game and be focused, or they will be brutally disappointed Friday night.

Looking at the remaining three games, Highlands definitely has a tough road ahead of them. Like you said, they better bring their "A" game or they will be disappointed. I do think they realize whats at stake with these games and will not let down. Scheduling these type of games will only get them ready for another run at State. One good thing, we get to see a healthy Highlands football team.

After looking at some things, there is a whole lot of sandbagging going on by LexCath folks.

 

Maybe not sandbagging but an acknowledgement that this will be tough game. With 32 seniors graduating last year a lot of the starting lineup had not seen much varsity field time. So the opening Bishop Chatard game and the St. X game were the perverbial baptism under fire for many of the players. The Bolye game seemed to be the turning point in terms of confidence as well as the 2nd half of the Pikeville game.

 

So this game will be a good measure of how far this Junior ladened LC team has come. There is considerable respect for the big H at LC so you won't find much trash talking or wild predictions.

Maybe not sandbagging but an acknowledgement that this will be tough game. With 32 seniors graduating last year a lot of the starting lineup had not seen much varsity field time. So the opening Bishop Chatard game and the St. X game were the perverbial baptism under fire for many of the players. The Bolye game seemed to be the turning point in terms of confidence as well as the 2nd half of the Pikeville game.

 

So this game will be a good measure of how far this Junior ladened LC team has come. There is considerable respect for the big H at LC so you won't find much trash talking or wild predictions.

 

Likewise, Highlands respects the program at Lex. Cath. Confidence goes along with game experience and a few wins. I'm looking forward to a good highschool football Friday night. Has a safe journey to and from the game.

Comparing the talent I saw back in the summer at HHS versus what I saw during scrimmage from LexCath, I must go with HHS in a big way. 42-14.

Comparing the talent I saw back in the summer at HHS versus what I saw during scrimmage from LexCath, I must go with HHS in a big way. 42-14.

 

 

Tentativeness sometimes masks talent and if as BGCard states, LC had a bunch, a whole bunch of juniors getting their first varsity experience, some of that talent may have been hidden. I'm told that in the game against X, LC had a bunch of unforced errors: poorly thrown passes with open receivers; dropped passes; fumbled shot gun snaps and at least one bad snap over the head of the punter. While I sincerely doubt LC would have beaten X even without those errors, perhaps the margin of X's victory would not have been so large if LC hadn't have made all the mistakes a young and inexperienced team makes. Heck, I look at Highlands and our players who were inexperienced at the beginning of the year aren't making anywhere near the mistakes they made against Ryle and Colerain. I'm sure the LC kids have progressed just as much so people shouldn't read to much into the early season losses by LC.

 

I'm also told that LC loves to pass the ball over the middle on short, medium and deep passes (the TE loves to take about 4 or 5 steps and set up to receive the pass, which with our aggressive lbing play can cause real problems. Our lbers are going to have to read pass very quickly if we are going to stop that play and our safeties are going to have to really impose some solid hits on any receiver that catches the ball over the middle).

LexCath hasn't played well against teams with superior talent. I can't see this being a close game but hope I'm proven wrong.

 

agreed, this game will be dominated by the Birds by 4 TD minimum

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.