Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington Catholic at Highlands Predictions

And the winner is? 169 members have voted

  1. 1. And the winner is?

    • Lexington Catholic
      12%
      21
    • Highlands
      87%
      148

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Haven't seen Highlands play this year but have seenLexCath a lot. Highlands 59-10

  • Replies 90
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go with Highlands 42-28

 

I don't see anyway that HHS gives up 28 points to Lex. Cath.

Highlands 35-14.

Highlands win 77-66 high scoring game. Yes it is a football game prediction.

Lexington Catholic has their starting Quaterback returning, should be a good test for the Bluebirds Pass Defense, (linebackers and secondary). But of course good luck getting the passes off, the best pass Def is a good pass rush. I look for a hard hitting football game. Of course the Bluebirds for the first time this year, will have their whole team playing healthy. Good luck boys and keep working hard. H-58 LC-14

I am shocked by some of the predictions of a blowout. I don't know much about LexCath but noticed they just had a big blowout win but I don't know much about their opponend either. Is LexCath that far off from previous years?

I can't believe people are worried about our secondary. How many picks did HHS have this past week? I am counting the one that Collinsworth caught but the "refs" took away from him. Also, to those of you who don't want to see blowouts anymore, stay home! We don't want to inconvenience you into coming and watching the young sons of this community having the time of their lives. God forbid you bear witness to that! If you don't want to see a blowout, stay home until the state semi's and we'll call ya. I for one get an upset stomach watching the close ones and am much more at ease seeing the JV out there showing weather or not next year is going to be prosperous. I guess I am just a different kind of "Bird" than others, but I'll take a win, be it by 50 or by 1.

Bluebirds 42-17

I am shocked by some of the predictions of a blowout. I don't know much about LexCath but noticed they just had a big blowout win but I don't know much about their opponend either. Is LexCath that far off from previous years?

 

They are down from last year for sure. They are 4-3, with their losses to a good Indianapolis team, a blow out loss to Lou. X and a close loss to Boyle (3 very good programs). They had a close win over Scott County and 3 easy wins over average at best programs. Compare that with Highlands: its sole loss was to Colerain. But the wins have been over some decent and not too decent teams, certainly no powerhouses. At this point, I'd say LexCath has played the tougher schedule. I agree with you, I don't think its going to be a blow out at all. I think Highlands wins by 14-21 points, but there won't be any 40-50 point win. I, of course, hope I am wrong about that. :thumb:

I'm worried that some Highlands fans are reading too much into the margins of victory HHS has had this year. Given that (to date, at least) the level of competition Highlands has faced has not been all that great (the district is WAY down this season), it should be no surprise that Highlands has put up some crazy scores this season. I know LexCath had a bit of a rocky start to the season, but something tells me that LexCath is no Scott, Holmes, CovCath, Dixie, Ryle or Hopkinsville right now. Highlands will very likely win, but I wouldn't be surprised if things go back and forth between these two champions for a good part of the game.

 

And while I agree with FTBIGBIRD2 that HHS blowouts are much better to watch than nail-biters, I do think that it would be good for Highlands to have one or two relatively close battles just before the postseason, to keep the competitive juices flowing strong and to keep the team grounded and not overly confident.

I'm worried that some Highlands fans are reading too much into the margins of victory HHS has had this year. Given that (to date, at least) the level of competition Highlands has faced has not been all that great (the district is WAY down this season), it should be no surprise that Highlands has put up some crazy scores this season. I know LexCath had a bit of a rocky start to the season, but something tells me that LexCath is no Scott, Holmes, CovCath, Dixie, Ryle or Hopkinsville right now. Highlands will very likely win, but I wouldn't be surprised if things go back and forth between these two champions for a good part of the game.

 

And while I agree with FTBIGBIRD2 that HHS blowouts are much better to watch than nail-biters, I do think that it would be good for Highlands to have one or two relatively close battles just before the postseason, to keep the competitive juices flowing strong and to keep the team grounded and not overly confident.

 

I think LexCath/Hopkinsville would be a killer game. Dixie might even be coming around to this level at this point in the season.

I wish for a good game but I don't expect one. Highlands by many.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.