Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds FA targets...

Featured Replies

  • Author

Career OPS of .919, I really like Joey Votto, but I don't see him putting up numbers like these.

 

Average for his 5 year career, 33 HR, 111 RBI, RISP Avg of .324!

 

Can play 1st, 3rd, Left or Right. Switch hitter and kills lefties.

 

Give him whatever he wants! I'm all for mainly going after pitchers in FA, this guy is a difference maker on your team for a long long time.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Career OPS of .919, I really like Joey Votto, but I don't see him putting up numbers like these.

 

Average for his 5 year career, 33 HR, 111 RBI, RISP Avg of .324!

 

Can play 1st, 3rd, Left or Right. Switch hitter and kills lefties.

 

Give him whatever he wants! I'm all for mainly going after pitchers in FA, this guy is a difference maker on your team for a long long time.

 

I'm sold...:thumb:

Tex is a stud but he's 28...Votto is 3 yrs younger and is going to be just as good as Tex if not better.
No, he won't ...

 

Votto will be OK, but he won't be Teixeira.

I'd love to see Holiday, but I wonder what the Rockies would ask for? They just tanked a couple of coaches yesterday since they were 14 games under .500. Maybe they are gonna blow that thing up and start anew. Here's hoping.

 

Would LOVE to see this too.:dancingpa

Quite a stretch, but that's what its all about right?

 

Signing Rafael Furcal, and Carl Crawford.

 

C- Hanigan

1B- Votto

2B- Phillips

SS- Furcal

3B- Edwin

LF- Dickerson

CF- Bruce

RF- Crawford

 

Then sign Oliver Perez

 

Rotation

Volquez

Harang

Arroyo

Cueto

Perez

 

Then sign Farnsworth, and Mota to help solidify the bullpen.

 

OH YEAH, also....Sign a new coach as well ;-)

 

 

Furcal and Crawford I would like. If they did sign Crawford he would be in CF. The rest of the list you mentiond I can do without.

Furcal and Crawford I would like. If they did sign Crawford he would be in CF. The rest of the list you mentiond I can do without.

Agree, however, I wouldn't mind seeing Farnsworth. Not that I'd give much to get him. Agree also on Crawford. Not too sure about Furcal. He's enamored with the DL.

Career OPS of .919, I really like Joey Votto, but I don't see him putting up numbers like these.

 

Average for his 5 year career, 33 HR, 111 RBI, RISP Avg of .324!

 

Can play 1st, 3rd, Left or Right. Switch hitter and kills lefties.

 

Give him whatever he wants! I'm all for mainly going after pitchers in FA, this guy is a difference maker on your team for a long long time.

 

I like Votto a lot to, but Tex is an elite first baseman. Hard to get hitting like that, and a gold glover.

I like Votto a lot to, but Tex is an elite first baseman. Hard to get hitting like that, and a gold glover.

 

For those of you dreaming of seeing Teixeira in a Reds jersey remember that he is a Scott Boras client and in July, 2007 turned down an 8-year $140 Million offer from Texas. Do you think he'll ask for any less now, or that the Reds can afford that with the other holes in their lineup? You won't be seeing Teixeira in a Reds uniform in the near future.

I like Votto a lot to, but Tex is an elite first baseman. Hard to get hitting like that, and a gold glover.

Agree, Alonso can mature a bit before he makes the trip to GABP in the event Tex is available.

Also, regarding Furcal or another shortstop, aren't the Reds on the hook for one more year of Alex Gonzalez's contract? I think he's owed somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 Million for 2009.

I would love to see the Reds get Crawford. Furcal too, even though he is injury prone.

 

The three biggest needs: CF, SS and a right handed power hitter.

 

There will be alot of teams with more money than Cincy shopping for the bolded IMO.

Also, regarding Furcal or another shortstop, aren't the Reds on the hook for one more year of Alex Gonzalez's contract? I think he's owed somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 Million for 2009.

 

 

Yes

Yes

 

I thought so, and while that's not a huge amount of money to eat if he's healthy he's solid at shortstop and much cheaper than Furcal. I'd say they have to at least look at how he progresses physically before adding another shortstop.

I thought so, and while that's not a huge amount of money to eat if he's healthy he's solid at shortstop and much cheaper than Furcal. I'd say they have to at least look at how he progresses physically before adding another shortstop.

 

 

Agree with that also. I do believe they will move Alex Buchholz to SS next year and he could very well be the SS of the future. Probably a couple years away though.

 

Reds Notes:CINCINNATI -- The Reds have moved three players off their 40-man roster this week.

Utility player Jolbert Cabrera and pitchers Adam Pettyjohn and Jon Adkins were sent outright to Triple-A Louisville. Cabrera refused the assignment and became a free agent.

Also, regarding Furcal or another shortstop, aren't the Reds on the hook for one more year of Alex Gonzalez's contract? I think he's owed somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 Million for 2009.
Cot's Baseball Contracts says it's $5.375 million and a $6 million option for 2010.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.