October 8, 200817 yr Agree, however, I wouldn't mind seeing Farnsworth. Not that I'd give much to get him. Agree also on Crawford. Not too sure about Furcal. He's enamored with the DL.Furcal averaged 150 games per season from 2002-07 ... he hardly has a spotty health record. That being said, the back problems he experienced this year could always be a sign of things to come.
October 8, 200817 yr Cot's Baseball Contracts says it's $5.375 million and a $6 million option for 2010. Thats way too much for him.
October 8, 200817 yr Furcal averaged 150 games per season from 2002-07 ... he hardly has a spotty health record. That being said, the back problems he experienced this year could always be a sign of things to come. And for the money he'll command, I'm not sure I want to inherit the risk. With minimal payroll, one guy who stays on the DL yet draws big $ essentially will handcuff (again) a small market team.
October 8, 200817 yr Quite a stretch, but that's what its all about right? Signing Rafael Furcal, and Carl Crawford. C- Hanigan 1B- Votto 2B- Phillips SS- Furcal 3B- Edwin LF- Dickerson CF- Bruce RF- Crawford Then sign Oliver Perez Rotation Volquez Harang Arroyo Cueto Perez Then sign Farnsworth, and Mota to help solidify the bullpen. OH YEAH, also....Sign a new coach as well ;-) That would be a perfect offseason, and the Reds can not pull it off.
October 8, 200817 yr That would be a perfect offseason, and the Reds can not pull it off. Yeah, Crawford is likely to resign with the Rays.
October 9, 200817 yr ^ He has an option at the end of this year. I don't know if it is a player or club option.
October 9, 200817 yr And for the money he'll command, I'm not sure I want to inherit the risk. With minimal payroll, one guy who stays on the DL yet draws big $ essentially will handcuff (again) a small market team.I probably wouldn't pay what it would take to sign Furcal, either. The Reds need to build a team from within.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.