Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds FA targets...

Featured Replies

Clearly they're not getting Sabathia, I would LOVE to see them take a run at Texiera though. I'm sure that's a huge longshot as well, but man that guys a player. Give him a 10-year deal with huge money.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly they're not getting Sabathia, I would LOVE to see them take a run at Texiera though. I'm sure that's a huge longshot as well, but man that guys a player. Give him a 10-year deal with huge money.

 

Why Texeira? You don't like Votto at 1st?

Tex is a stud but he's 28...Votto is 3 yrs younger and is going to be just as good as Tex if not better.

Tex is a stud but he's 28...Votto is 3 yrs younger and is going to be just as good as Tex if not better.

 

Tex only played in 103 games. 20 Hrs and 78 RBIs? Was he hurt?

Votto will be playing LF soon. Alfonso at 1B

Tex only played in 103 games. 20 Hrs and 78 RBIs? Was he hurt?

 

Played those games with the Braves. Then had another 54 games, 13 HR and 43 RBI with the Angels.

 

Totals of 157 games...33 HRs...121 RBIs = 0% chance of Reds being able to sign him this year!

Quite a stretch, but that's what its all about right?

 

Signing Rafael Furcal, and Carl Crawford.

 

C- Hanigan

1B- Votto

2B- Phillips

SS- Furcal

3B- Edwin

LF- Dickerson

CF- Bruce

RF- Crawford

 

Then sign Oliver Perez

 

Rotation

Volquez

Harang

Arroyo

Cueto

Perez

 

Then sign Farnsworth, and Mota to help solidify the bullpen.

 

OH YEAH, also....Sign a new coach as well ;-)

I'll be shocked if Texiera doesn't resign with the Angels. Although neither is a free agent, I beileve WJ will try and land either Magglio Ordonez or Matt Holiday. I also read where Jocketty has said that Bako won't be back, and that he has mild interest in Josh Bard.

Well he was acquired from the Braves in July but I'm not sure if he was hurt or not. ESPN.com shows 157 games, 33 HR's and 121 RBI's for the 2008 season.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4937

 

Votto as a rookie played 151 games, 24 Hr's and 84 RBI's...

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=28670

 

I thought I was seeing his stats incorrectly. IMO I think Votto should be left at 1st and the Reds should go after a RH power hitting OF. Who that person is? I don't know. C is a ? CF is a ? SS is a ? So that gives the Reds 4 out of 8 positions that are not solid.

I'll be shocked if Texiera doesn't resign with the Angels. Although neither is a free agent, I beileve WJ will try and land either Magglio Ordonez or Matt Holiday. I also read where Jocketty has said that Bako won't be back, and that he has mild interest in Josh Bard.

 

What will it take to land Ordonez? I'm guessing it would be a lot.

I'll be shocked if Texiera doesn't resign with the Angels. Although neither is a free agent, I beileve WJ will try and land either Magglio Ordonez or Matt Holiday. I also read where Jocketty has said that Bako won't be back, and that he has mild interest in Josh Bard.

 

Jocketty not bringing Bako back has already made my winter.

I'd love to see Holiday, but I wonder what the Rockies would ask for? They just tanked a couple of coaches yesterday since they were 14 games under .500. Maybe they are gonna blow that thing up and start anew. Here's hoping.

Quite a stretch, but that's what its all about right?

 

Signing Rafael Furcal, and Carl Crawford.

 

C- Hanigan

1B- Votto

2B- Phillips

SS- Furcal

3B- Edwin

LF- Dickerson

CF- Bruce

RF- Crawford

 

Then sign Oliver Perez

 

Rotation

Volquez

Harang

Arroyo

Cueto

Perez

 

Then sign Farnsworth, and Mota to help solidify the bullpen.

 

OH YEAH, also....Sign a new coach as well ;-)

 

 

I would love to see the Reds get Crawford. Furcal too, even though he is injury prone.

 

The three biggest needs: CF, SS and a right handed power hitter.

What will it take to land Ordonez? I'm guessing it would be a lot.

 

 

Not as much as it would to land Holliday. The Tigers need to unload some payroll, and Ordonez is expected to be traded from what I have read.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.