Highlands Questions

Ram

There was some talk during the off season that the KHSAA would possibly make all teams in the state either: play in the class that they are supposed to be in, by size; or make anyone who wants to move up go all the way up to 6A.

I understand that Highlands has scheduled Trinity for 2009.

The questions: is highlands testing the water, to see if they want to move up to 6A? Is this a possibility? Or, is it just a quality game for the schedule? What would Highlands do if they are made to either play 3A or 6A?

This is not Highlands testing the water. This is Highlands trying to put together the best schedule possible.

Highlands & Covington Catholic are two schools, in Northern Kentucky, that will play anyone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it always makes for an exciting season.

I thought that the KHSAA stuff about either playing in your class or playing 6A was just a rumor, and that the current situation (being able to play up but not having to go to 6A) would be able to continue.

Also, Highlands likes to schedule 1-2 non-district games against top-tier competition per year. It seems that Highlands probably will not be playing Cincy Colerain next year (they will be playing Cincy Withrow, which is by no means an equivalent game to Colerain), so I'm not surprised that Coach Mueller would want to add a team like Trinity to the mix in 2009 and/or 2010... I don't think this should be interpreted as "testing the waters" to move up to 6A, any more than Highlands playing the likes of Cincy Elder or Cincy Colerain was a move to enter the Ohio High School Athletic Association!

This is not Highlands testing the water. This is Highlands trying to put together the best schedule possible.

Highlands & Covington Catholic are two schools, in Northern Kentucky, that will play anyone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it always makes for an exciting season.

Couldn't have said it better.:thumb:

There was some talk during the off season that the KHSAA would possibly make all teams in the state either: play in the class that they are supposed to be in, by size; or make anyone who wants to move up go all the way up to 6A.

The questions: is highlands testing the water, to see if they want to move up to 6A? Is this a possibility? Or, is it just a quality game for the schedule? What would Highlands do if they are made to either play 3A or 6A?

I seriously doubt there was any talk at the KHSAA about the bolded concept. It is completely illogical.

Maybe in a passing camp!!!!! Someone received some bad info somewhere.

So here we are back on HHS schedule. Who exactly are they playing in 2009?

Ryle x 2 (which is a joke)

Withrow

Dixie

Holmes

CovCath

Scott

Beechwood

Manual

Trinity?

Add Boone County and drop Trinity and you have the 2009 schedule.

Maybe in a passing camp!!!!! Someone received some bad info somewhere.

If Highlands is not playing Trinity, then I apologize. I thought I saw a thread in the pre-season where the Highlands fans said that Trinity was on the schedule.

I'm not saying that Highlands, necessarily, wants to move to 6A, I was only going on what was talked about in the off season, that the KHSAA was only going to allow teams to move up to 6A. That may have been bad information as well. Just topic for discussion.

But, nonetheless, what if all the above was true? Do you think Highlands would move to 6A, or stay in 3A? If made to make a decision.