Cowboys 31 Bengals 22

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? :confused:

Romo basically says you don't get it because you've never played "the game", meaning in the NFL.

You, having never played "the game", think that's the worst excuse possible.

For those who have played "the game", they seem to understand what is meant.

Consider me somewhere on the fence. It's basically reporters needing something to talk or write about. Not everything went smoothly for the Cowboys, so they're frustrated. But, in the grand scheme of things, they did what they set out to do and that was win the football game. They want to move on, go home to relax and come back in and get to work. The media makes a big deal out of it, and more frustration mounts.

But at the same time, people wanting to know (and, sickly enough needing to know) what is going on in the locker room & personal lives of players is what enables them to make that much jack, so we think they should embrace us & the media. A double edged sword, if you will.

Romo basically says you don't get it because you've never played "the game", meaning in the NFL.

You, having never played "the game", think that's the worst excuse possible.

For those who have played "the game", they seem to understand what is meant.

It's hogwash, because it discounts a person's ability to observe and learn.

By that logic, we should never see an ex-athlete in the studio or booth, because they didn't go to broadcasting school and work their way up the media ladder.

Consider me somewhere on the fence. It's basically reporters needing something to talk or write about. Not everything went smoothly for the Cowboys, so they're frustrated. But, in the grand scheme of things, they did what they set out to do and that was win the football game. They want to move on, go home to relax and come back in and get to work. The media makes a big deal out of it, and more frustration mounts.

But at the same time, people wanting to know (and, sickly enough needing to know) what is going on in the locker room & personal lives of players is what enables them to make that much jack, so we think they should embrace us & the media. A double edged sword, if you will.

Reporters do what they do because fans want to know. Last time I checked, people are still buying papers and clicking on Web sites trying to find out everything they can about their favorite teams.

And in the case of the Cowboys, if they, -- and more specifically TO -- weren't a freakin' drama queen team, it might actually be an out-of-bounds issue. But when a guy like TO, with an established history as a cancerous influence, is on your team, it's news when they don't play well, because there's a precedent for a blowup.

I really don't understand the Bengals time management.
That struck me as odd, too. They take the timeout at 2:06 then none the rest of the way. They made no attempt to stop the clock when they got possession, other than sideline completions. I guess the coaching staff felt there was no chance, so they just gave up.

No comments on TO's strange news conference...not that strange is anything new with him, but it was a little different.

I'm telling you, if I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be move the terror alert to yellow at least...starting to get that feeling that the countdown in Big D has started.

It was Rosenhaus, push-up and helicopters last time...wonder what the "TO Blow Up" will bring out for the show in Dallas.