October 6, 200817 yr Disagree..It was time to get rid of Rudi. The biggest mistake was not signing Benson earlier, or just some other runningback. But it was a good decision to get rid of Rudi IMO... And IMO Rudi was as good or better than anybody out there that would consider coming to Cincy...They would have needed a crystal ball to have signed Benson any earlier...:thumb:
October 6, 200817 yr And IMO Rudi was as good or better than anybody out there that would consider coming to Cincy...They would have needed a crystal ball to have signed Benson any earlier...:thumb: Rudi use to be better than a lot. But he is not the same anymore, he just completely lost it. I would have taken an older Shaun Alexander over Rudi this year. Even though Alexander has lost it as well, he might have had some left in the tank for a little bit since he would be playing in the place where he grew up.
October 6, 200817 yr Rudi use to be better than a lot. But he is not the same anymore, he just completely lost it. I would have taken an older Shaun Alexander over Rudi this year. Even though Alexander has lost it as well, he might have had some left in the tank for a little bit since he would be playing in the place where he grew up. To add to it. Another reason why I think it was a good move because we needed to give Perry a chance, to see what we had in him. Rudi as I said is washed up now. So it made sense to give Perry that chance, and now we see that he probably is nothing more than a 3rd down back.
October 6, 200817 yr Of course, the mean local media and our nitpicking might have something to do with the foul mood in the Cowboys' Texas Stadium interview room. Wade Phillips, miffed at a question from a legendary local columnist/radio personality about the Cowboys stinking most of the game, muttered on his way off the podium. "I think you stink," Phillips said with a red face. The coach and media character did squash their hard feelings in a touching moment later. T.O. kept it short and sweet, delivering a one-minute, 10-second sermon/speech about that combined faith, frustration and football. He declined to answer any questions. Tony Romo also took offense to some questioning, wondering aloud why the local media holds the Cowboys to such high standards. A few minutes later, on the way to his car, he pointed out that none of us ever played in the NFL, which might be why we don't get that wins don't come easy in this league. This win definitely didn't come easy, and it doesn't seem like the 4-1 Cowboys were able to enjoy it, either. LINK Few things are more lame than the "you didn't play the game" whine. :lol:
October 6, 200817 yr To add to it. Another reason why I think it was a good move because we needed to give Perry a chance, to see what we had in him. Rudi as I said is washed up now. So it made sense to give Perry that chance, and now we see that he probably is nothing more than a 3rd down back. ... or better off on the perpetual IR.
October 6, 200817 yr Funny, some Cowboy fans were giving the Giants a hard time because the Bengals played them close... Hmm.... You had to have been rooting for the Bengals today. I don't know if I would trust Romo as my QB in a big game situation. It's almost like in crunch time leave it to him to throw a pick. He is young hopefully he matures more.
October 6, 200817 yr I think Benson is the every down back before the end of the year. Problem is, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. He did look like he was in much better shape than he was as a Bear. Maybe he is ready to be a NFL player.
October 6, 200817 yr You had to have been rooting for the Bengals today. I don't know if I would trust Romo as my QB in a big game situation. It's almost like in crunch time leave it to him to throw a pick. He is young hopefully he matures more. Check the updates thread... I was rooting for the Bengals.
October 6, 200817 yr Jones/Barber is as nasty of a combo as there is in the NFL. Pro Bowl QB, Pro Bowl TE, Pro Bowl WR, monster line makes that one heck of an offense to deal with!
October 6, 200817 yr I knew this would be a close game, and I really believed the Bengals would win this game. Take away Perrys fumble and a freak catch late in the 4th and who knows. But a great game played by the Bengals, especially in second half...Should be a good on enext week against the Jets
October 6, 200817 yr Few things are more lame than the "you didn't play the game" whine. :lol: Wouldn't your comments further prove their point, assuming you've never played the game?
October 6, 200817 yr Wouldn't your comments further prove their point, assuming you've never played the game? Huh? :confused:
October 6, 200817 yr Jones/Barber is as nasty of a combo as there is in the NFL. Pro Bowl QB, Pro Bowl TE, Pro Bowl WR, monster line makes that one heck of an offense to deal with! Which I think shows how much improved the Bengals defense really is this year. Year they are not a shut down defense. However they have played good enough for us to win games this year, if our offense has played like it normally had going into this year. With the 0 and 5 start, I think how improved the defense really has been, has been over looked. The next thing they need to work on is a pass rush, and how to come up with a big play in the 4th quarter.
October 6, 200817 yr Also one more thing that has got overlooked today with the loss. Is how well the offensive line actually played today. For the most part they gave Palmer time, or atleast more time than they have been giving this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.