September 26, 200818 yr [[/b]As I have stated, Kentucky is 1A and USC is 1B with me. So, I am an SEC person. :thumb:
September 26, 200818 yr The most impressive thing about this win for Oregon State, IMO, is that it wasn't fluky. They didn't build an insurmountable lead and cling on for dear life the entire second half and get a win. Yes, they caught a USC team that didn't bring their A game. And yes, you knew the Trojans would make a run and make a game of it. But, when USC cut it to 7, OSU buckled down on defense and continued to make enough plays offensively to eat up some clock and get it scoring position (blocked FG). Somebody said USC looked awful for the first three quarters, but that's not true. They got back in the game with a dominant third quarter. Thats what's so impressive to me...they had a whole quarter to erase a 7-point deficit and OSU just outplayed them in the final period when a lot of underdogs would have tightened up and gave it away. As for actual thoughts on the game... -Joe McKnight really, really hurt USC last night. He did nothing offensively and fumbled the ball away once. But, worse, he was absolutely terrible as a punt returner...he kept the offense in bad field position all night. He muffed a returnable punt. Then, there were at least two punts that he couldn't get in position to fair catch that ended up being downed inside the 5...ultimately leading to the interception that all but sealed the game. -How do you think Averell Spicer feels today? His bonehead personal foul cost USC at least 4 points. Considering that USC blocked one FG attempt and the Beavers botched an XP, you'd have at least liked to force an attempt there. -I already talked about the flaws in Sanchez's game that were exposed, IMO. -Considering that USC has lost 3 of their last 4 games in Corvallis, maybe there's something to that matchup of coaching staffs. -Finally, last but certainly not least, welcome to the scene Jacquizz Rogers. That kid is a stud. A 5-6, 180 lb true freshman (I think) made a great USC defense look silly. And, the majority of his rushes started right up the gut. 37 carries for 186 yards is no joke. He can play football and is a great running back. It'll be fun to watch him for a couple more years.
September 26, 200818 yr He will also get in a couple of shots at the SEC for not playing a tougher out of conference schedule regardless of how tough their conference may be. It might go a little something like this.... "Now the SEC teams are having a party, but they really have no right to. Oregon State is a tough team, I mean LSU lost to Kentucky last year and got to the national championship game. KENTUCKY. That was a bad loss and later in the season, but they still made it. The SEC plays nobody outside of their conference and say it's because their conference is so tough. Well if you are so good, go play some real teams outside of your conference and prove it like USC did when they throttled Ohio State." then more jabber along the same lines. Ys, LSU lost to Kentucky but , if Im not mistaken, UK was at least a top 25 team. To me, LSU losing to Oregon St isnt a valid comparison. The truth is USC is a very good team that is loaded with talent but I agree with Hearsay. In order to be a championship team, you have to prepare like a champion week in and week out. Beating the Ohio St.s of the world is important but you have to keep that intensity up for the Sisters of the Poor also.
September 26, 200818 yr It's far from a certainty that the SEC will even have a team with just one loss...assuming it does play out that way and the loss comes against another highly rated teams...example, should Georgia lose to 'Bama this weekend and that be their only loss. There's no way you could justify choosing USC over them, IMO. However, there are a few more teams that need to lose before we start talking about one-loss teams, I think. I do agree that there may not be a one loss SEC team. However, a one loss SEC gets in the title game over a one loss USC team, a one loss Big 12 team or a one loss Big 10 team. And, no way do I see an undfeated BYU team getting in over a 1 loss SEC school.
September 26, 200818 yr Any day that USC and Pete Carroll loses to anyone is imo a good day. Should anyone want to take anymore Buckeye shots now that I have posted then by all means go ahead. I am used to it and will be laughing all the way, the more hatred and jealousy the more we like it. USC was I believe the first ranked team this season that did not beat a team that they were supposed to beat. Maybe their fans can be like some others now and look for someone to complain about that did everything they needed to do and get in the NC. That seems to be the way it works with some.........if your team can't win then bash and blame someone else that had nothing at all to do with your loss and just won their games. Carry on now......:walk::lol:
September 26, 200818 yr Any day that USC and Pete Carroll loses to anyone is imo a good day. Should anyone want to take anymore Buckeye shots now that I have posted then by all means go ahead. I am used to it and will be laughing all the way, the more hatred and jealousy the more we like it. USC was I believe the first ranked team this season that did not beat a team that they were supposed to beat. Maybe their fans can be like some others now and look for someone to complain about that did everything they needed to do and get in the NC. That seems to be the way it works with some.........if your team can't win then bash and blame someone else that had nothing at all to do with your loss and just won their games. Carry on now......:walk::lol: Wow. :sleep:
September 26, 200818 yr ^Virginia Tech wasn't supposed to beat ECU? ECU was supposed to beat WV? Boise State was supposed to beat Oregon? Alabama was supposed to beat Clemson? Numerous ranked teams have lost to teams they shouldn't have already. One other question I have is, why is everyone that doesn't like tO$U jealous? There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of....
September 26, 200818 yr I think they should go to 12 but being they are USC they will never drop that far.
September 26, 200818 yr ^Virginia Tech wasn't supposed to beat ECU? ECU was supposed to beat WV? Boise State was supposed to beat Oregon? Alabama was supposed to beat Clemson? Numerous ranked teams have lost to teams they shouldn't have already. One other question I have is, why is everyone that doesn't like tO$U jealous? There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of.... Then why bring up Ohio State so often if there is no jealousy. Great tradition at OSU with 7 National Championships, maybe we don't have a National Title since 2002 but at least year in and year out Ohio State is battling for a National Championship. Also, other than USC over the last 8 to 10 years there isn't any other team that has been more consistent than Ohio State. You have to be there to be critisized. Go BUCKS!!!!!!!!!
September 26, 200818 yr If you're a college football fan and live in KY, how can you not watch a lot of SEC? :lol: It provides the best football and matchups on a weekly basis. I said this to a friend the other day. "Without the SEC, college football wouldn't be half as awesome as it is, but thank god for the SEC, because it makes it so exciting to watch!"
September 26, 200818 yr I think they should go to 12 but being they are USC they will never drop that far. I agree 100%!
September 26, 200818 yr ]^Virginia Tech wasn't supposed to beat ECU? ECU was supposed to beat WV? Boise State was supposed to beat Oregon? Alabama was supposed to beat Clemson?[/b] Numerous ranked teams have lost to teams they shouldn't have already. One other question I have is, why is everyone that doesn't like tO$U jealous? There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of.... Yea but I'm almost positive none of those teams that were the under dogs were 23 1/2 point underdogs.
September 26, 200818 yr Any day that USC and Pete Carroll loses to anyone is imo a good day. Should anyone want to take anymore Buckeye shots now that I have posted then by all means go ahead. I am used to it and will be laughing all the way, the more hatred and jealousy the more we like it. USC was I believe the first ranked team this season that did not beat a team that they were supposed to beat. Maybe their fans can be like some others now and look for someone to complain about that did everything they needed to do and get in the NC. That seems to be the way it works with some.........if your team can't win then bash and blame someone else that had nothing at all to do with your loss and just won their games. Carry on now......:walk::lol: Are you jealous of USC and Pete Carroll? Because you seem to do the same stuff when they lose as people do when OSU loses. Yet when others say these things, it is because they are jealous. So that is why I ask if you are jealous of USC and Pete Carroll? Now I hate USC and OSU. My favorite team is Notre Dame besides of course Kentucky. And well they have sucked lately and got their butts kicked by both of those teams within the last few years. Do I wish they were doing as good as USC and OSU of coarse I do. However even if Notre Dame was doing as good as those two schools lately, I still would get a lot of joy out of seeing OSU and USC losing. So it wouldn't be because I am jealous because my team has just as much tradition as those schools if not more. It would just be because I hate both of those schools. My point of this whole thing is just because someone take a shot at team, doesn't mean that automatically they are just jealous of them. They just may just really hate them, and don't want to see them do well. But by going by some of the things you say on here, that must mean you are jealous of USC. When you know what I don't think you are jealous of them, but I just making a point. Just cause you take shots at a team don't mean you are jealous of them, like you say. I'm sorry I not really just talking about you here, I talking about most OSU fans on here. A lot of you all seem to think we just say stuff because we are jealous, and then you say something about our school when there is no reason for it. Just this whole thing about being jealous is getting really old to me, so I sorry I just had to get that out and its just not to you. Your post just seemed like a good post to use for this. :thumb:
September 27, 200818 yr ^Virginia Tech wasn't supposed to beat ECU? ECU was supposed to beat WV? Boise State was supposed to beat Oregon? Alabama was supposed to beat Clemson? Numerous ranked teams have lost to teams they shouldn't have already. One other question I have is, why is everyone that doesn't like tO$U jealous? There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of.... As for your mention of these other games, point taken although I don't think that some of them was all that big of a suprise but I do see what you mean. :thumb: As for your other question I could really answer that with this question/comment..... This game and thread title was USC vs. Oregon State. No where were the Buckeyes mentioned or a part of the thread subject. I saw up untill my post probably 6 or 7 mentions in various post by various people that mentioned and took shots at Ohio State and their fans.... why? I will use your own words in that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread. I was making a point in bringing up the Buckeye bashing on a thread with no mention of Ohio State. Yet, when someone (and I at times am guilty of it as well ) cuts anothers favorite team or takes a shot at some fans then that is way off, yet the same people that get upset at those will turn around and do the same thing and that is considered to be o.k.. I fully realize that I have taken some shots at U.L. and I will work on that :thumb:. My shots at Michigan were good natured jabs with some Michigan fans on here including yourself and in good fun (or at least I thought they were). I will say right now (9-26-08)that I will try and refrain from some of my U.L. comments (although some of that was also in good fun with one or two individuals) and bashing bc I honestly dislike them and will not bring them into a thread that they have nothing to do with. I guess that we will see if some others will do the same on Ohio State, I doubt it though. Just seems to me that all of the Buckeye Bashers could probably be sued by P.E.T.A., they certainly have beaten enough dead horses to merit it. Well, I have went on far too long on this and am done with it, should it make anyone eel better about themselves to bash tOSU, go ahead and glad we could accomodate.:sleep:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.