Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Terrible Cover Songs

Featured Replies

I just remembered William Shanter and the "memorable" covers he did in the late 60's, early 70's. Just WOW! :lol:

 

His version of Pulp's "Common People" is great ...

 

 

 

 

As far as worst go, few things turn my stomach like Axl Rose's butchering of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door." (please insert puking smiley here)

Can you cover yourself?

 

Layla is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time, but I didn't care at all for Clapton's unplugged version.

 

 

Woah really?? I loved the acoustic version. The whole song is so beautifully constructed and that solo couldn't get much better. That entire album is amazing.

Woah really?? I loved the acoustic version. The whole song is so beautifully constructed and that solo couldn't get much better. That entire album is amazing.

 

Just a matter of personal preference. Clapton and Allman's dueling guitars, followed by the piano movement - just doesn't get any better than that.

As far as worst go, few things turn my stomach like Axl Rose's butchering of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door." (please insert puking smiley here)

 

puke.gif

Yes you do. I can't top that, nor would I want to try. :creepy:
Disgusting...

 

My least favorites:

 

"Stand by Me" -- John Lennon... I don't mind this version, but I can't even begin to compare it to the original.

Any ABBA songs the A-Teens do

 

My favorites:

 

"Last Kiss" -- Pearl Jam

"Billie Jean -- Chris Cornell... I hated this at first, but after a few listens it really grew on me.

"Red Red Wine" -- UB40

 

Totally agree on "Red Red Wine." I also really like "Last Kiss" but didn't know it was a cover. :ohbrother:

Totally agree on "Red Red Wine." I also really like "Last Kiss" but didn't know it was a cover. :ohbrother:

 

seriously? wow.

 

"Stand by Me" would make my list, too

I recently heard Puddle of Mud (Are there two ds or just one? One might not be EXTREME enough for these guys) do "Gimme Shelter." Some people should no longer be allowed to perform music when they do things like that.

U2 cover of Fortunate Son is horrible.

 

Other horrible covers, to name just a few are:

Avril Lavigne's cover of Imagine

Madonna's cover of American Pie

Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes

Love And Rockets cover of Ball Of Confusion

...any given episode of "American Idol", "The Voice", or "America's Got Talent".

 

Amen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.