Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Very hard to be emotional when henry is on the winning side most of the time.

 

Watch it Boom, Henry is going to take your gunpowder away!!!:flame:

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I didn't think anyone would take my kidding remark so seriously, maybe that's why NCC and Highlands don't play each other any longer. Too emotional of a game.

 

 

The emotion of the rivalry is exactly why they need to bring it back: See Beechwood/Cov Cath

Watch it Boom, Henry is going to take your gunpowder away!!!:flame:

 

She has to give it to me first:D

She has to give it to me first:D
Don't let Leatherneck hear you say that. :devil:
The emotion of the rivalry is exactly why they need to bring it back: See Beechwood/Cov Cath

 

Not even in the same ballpark as NC/HHS.

Wow, I didn't think anyone would take my kidding remark so seriously, maybe that's why NCC and Highlands don't play each other any longer. Too emotional of a game.

 

I didn't see anywhere in your post where you wrote "just kidding" or j/k.

 

Besides it's game day and I'm not in the mood for joking around. I'm in "game mode" GO BIRDS BEAT COLERAIN

It seems to me the the only people really worried about this game ever being played again is the HHS adults. I guess so they can all say HAHA we are better?!?! Really what's the point. The Breds play a tough schedule as it is with Simon Kenton, CovCath, Ryle, Campbell Co, Beechwood, and Conner as non district games.

It seems to me the the only people really worried about this game ever being played again is the HHS adults. I guess so they can all say HAHA we are better?!?! Really what's the point. The Breds play a tough schedule as it is with Simon Kenton, CovCath, Ryle, Campbell Co, Beechwood, and Conner as non district games.

 

You may be right about it only being the HHS adults, but I think you are wrong. I betcha a lot of the kids from both teams would like to play one another (particularly the NC kids from Ft. Thomas). Don't have a guess what the NC adults. This is one HHS adult that couldn't care less that we don't play NC in a regular season game as I'm not sure what meaningful thing could result.

Not to give you anymore bad memories but NewCath had far more superior athletes than we did in 79' and 80'. We just seem to grasp what our coaches were preparing us for moreso than what Bob was preparing you guy's.

 

I agree 100% . Especially the season of 1980. There were 4 D 1 players, 6 if you include Sophomores Mike Robinson and Jeff Brauley, as well as at least 4 other seniors who played DII or DIII.

 

Even with the numerous injuries we had that year, we were outcoached, outplayed by Highlands and Newport. NewCath was #1 rated team in the state for 5 weeks prior to the Highlands game, and had not given up Score up to that point.

 

The entire year only 90+ points were scored on us, and Highlands had 29 of those. A truely disappointing season!

I know that NCC's largest player is out for the rest of the season now. He's not at all happy about that. He played his heart out last night. Too bad it got broken in the process.

 

As a parent, none of us wanted to see this type of injury. We were shocked the NCC coaches and refs did not help this boy out more. We could tell he was very hurt as he came off the field. He is a man's man, left the game and later left the field all on this own power. This young man will be missed for certain.

 

I think there is a picture of him, on another site, in a happier moment after the Breds scored.

You may be right about it only being the HHS adults, but I think you are wrong. I betcha a lot of the kids from both teams would like to play one another (particularly the NC kids from Ft. Thomas). Don't have a guess what the NC adults. This is one HHS adult that couldn't care less that we don't play NC in a regular season game as I'm not sure what meaningful thing could result.

 

I agree. In terms of benefit to the teams, there would be very little for Highlands. NewCath, and I'm very very proud of what it has become, is not in the same league as a Colerain, Trinity, or Lou. St. X, who Highlands routinely schedules. This game would do nothing but benefit NewCath's program. It may stroke the egos of Highlands' fans for a couple of weeks by watching their program beat NewCath, and out of 10 games, they probably win 8. However, those 2 wins by NewCath would be ENORMOUS for the program. It's hard to get a lot of kids in Ft. Thomas to switch choices, you are raised Bred or Bird. However I think that a NewCath win brings in more borderline kids than would a routine Highlands win. That's my two cents.

So my kid plays at Highlands which won't happen for about 13 years. He's not the best gifted player but goes to practice just like everyone else. He gets a chance to get in the game for the last 2 minutes of the game and Coach Barr decides to take a knee. My kid is detroyed that he doesn't get to do what he has practiced for the last 7 weeks of summer. Bottom line it's about letting the kids play regardless of the score. So with that said... Make a tackle next time!!!!!:madman:

 

I agree with this. It's not like we passed a bomb at the last second. If memory serves it was somewhat of a misdirection by True, who will be a stud by the way. He started cutting around the end and when it looked like he was going to be run out of bounds, he cut up and went throught those boys like a blow torch through paper dolls. He took off down the sideline and one boy stayed with him and could've made the tackle but never went for his legs. I still don't understand why he didn't try to. If we run a simple running play and you don't tackle us, we aren't going to just drop on the field to spare some feelings. If that's how you all like to play, it's a good thing we don't play anymore. That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a sport and I am sure that any coach of any team would respond the same way. If you don't want to get beat so bad you have two options: Win, or quit playing that team. I guess Mr. Schneider took option two.

As a parent, none of us wanted to see this type of injury. We were shocked the NCC coaches and refs did not help this boy out more. We could tell he was very hurt as he came off the field. He is a man's man, left the game and later left the field all on this own power. This young man will be missed for certain.

 

I think there is a picture of him, on another site, in a happier moment after the Breds scored.

 

 

Yes, he should have left in a squad IMO. The drive to the hospital was excruciating. He had a badly dislocated shoulder. I don't think the coaches realized the extent of it because he REFUSED to lay down on the turf and cry. He walked off and was quite a trooper. Of course, I'm pretty partial. Thanks for the nice comments. He'll be back on the field next year and will help his team out in any way in the meantime.

 

On the other points that have been mentioned. I think that the rivalry is a good thing...however, I feel that both Highlands and NCC are top notch teams with solid athletes. I have ties to both schools and have always just wanted the guys to get out there and have fun and be safe.

I agree with this. It's not like we passed a bomb at the last second. If memory serves it was somewhat of a misdirection by True, who will be a stud by the way. He started cutting around the end and when it looked like he was going to be run out of bounds, he cut up and went throught those boys like a blow torch through paper dolls. He took off down the sideline and one boy stayed with him and could've made the tackle but never went for his legs. I still don't understand why he didn't try to. If we run a simple running play and you don't tackle us, we aren't going to just drop on the field to spare some feelings. If that's how you all like to play, it's a good thing we don't play anymore. That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a sport and I am sure that any coach of any team would respond the same way. If you don't want to get beat so bad you have two options: Win, or quit playing that team. I guess Mr. Schneider took option two.

 

Look, no one, well one person did, is saying that Highlands was trying to run up the score. A tackle should have been made, no doubt. I just gave my opinion that it would have been better to take a knee. What if True gets tackled and gets hurt? Where's the need for an extra play? Now, it may be very possible that the Frosh hadn't practiced taking a knee, and running it was deemed as the safer route. If you've never gone over the formation, which I doubt many Freshman teams have, it's not worth the risk of injury if some knucklehead hits your downed QB. In that case, I apologize and understand.

 

In terms of how NewCath likes to play, saying that taking a knee is some sort

sign of weakness is something that I don't get. Also judging a team's effort on a lack of tackling on a meaningless carry late in the fourth quarter is a little far fetched.

Yes, he should have left in a squad IMO. The drive to the hospital was excruciating. He had a badly dislocated shoulder. I don't think the coaches realized the extent of it because he REFUSED to lay down on the turf and cry. He walked off and was quite a trooper. Of course, I'm pretty partial. Thanks for the nice comments. He'll be back on the field next year and will help his team out in any way in the meantime.

 

On the other points that have been mentioned. I think that the rivalry is a good thing...however, I feel that both Highlands and NCC are top notch teams with solid athletes. I have ties to both schools and have always just wanted the guys to get out there and have fun and be safe.

 

I saw him walk off the field and sitting high in the stands I could see that it was badly dislocated. Can't believe the coach standing right there couldn't tell. Actually I had a hard time looking at his arm. It just didn't look right. He is one tough kid. All the best for a speedy recovery.:ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.