Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Yes, he should have left in a squad IMO. The drive to the hospital was excruciating. He had a badly dislocated shoulder. I don't think the coaches realized the extent of it because he REFUSED to lay down on the turf and cry. He walked off and was quite a trooper. Of course, I'm pretty partial. Thanks for the nice comments. He'll be back on the field next year and will help his team out in any way in the meantime.

 

On the other points that have been mentioned. I think that the rivalry is a good thing...however, I feel that both Highlands and NCC are top notch teams with solid athletes. I have ties to both schools and have always just wanted the guys to get out there and have fun and be safe.

 

I hope that his rehab and therapy goes well. Sorry that he will have to miss some time, that is a horrible break.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, he should have left in a squad IMO. The drive to the hospital was excruciating. He had a badly dislocated shoulder. I don't think the coaches realized the extent of it because he REFUSED to lay down on the turf and cry. He walked off and was quite a trooper. Of course, I'm pretty partial. Thanks for the nice comments. He'll be back on the field next year and will help his team out in any way in the meantime.

 

On the other points that have been mentioned. I think that the rivalry is a good thing...however, I feel that both Highlands and NCC are top notch teams with solid athletes. I have ties to both schools and have always just wanted the guys to get out there and have fun and be safe.

 

We certainly wish him well. Sounds like a trooper, big time!

A lot closer game than final score, 8-8 going into 4th quarter. As expected though, HHS was much bigger up front and wore NCC down. I left with 1:00 to go and the score was 21-8. I guess Highlands must have gone 80 yards in the last minute. Thought they would take a knee. Maybe that's why Mr. Schneider won't play the varsity Birds.

 

All Highlands ran was a dive play and True broke free they were not trying to run up the score.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

The safety for Highlands is big and runs well. He seems like he's going to be a pretty good athlete. I saw him throwing the ball in warm-ups. Definitely some upside.

Jake True is the grandson of Charlie True a Dixie Heights legend and "Ike" Lewis a Holmes legend. He is the great grandson of Bud Hodder who was the Summit Hills golf pro for many years. Small wonder that Jake has God given athletic abilit. I like to tease his grandmother about not sending him to Beechwood where her other grandson went to school.

Ike Lewis' brother was a stater for Bear Bryants Alabama team. Albert had only one eye, but Coach Ellis recommeded him. Bryant had his doubts. After seeing Albert play, Bryant called Ellis and asked..."Do you have any more one-eyed players up there?

  • Author
The safety for Highlands is big and runs well. He seems like he's going to be a pretty good athlete. I saw him throwing the ball in warm-ups. Definitely some upside.

 

Patrick Towles is who you saw and he has potential to be a fine athlete. He could grow very tall as his grandpa is Jim Bunning who goes probably 6'5.

 

This class has some nice athletes, no real burners or atleast I didnt see any on the field but nice athletes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.