Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 27 NCC 8 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Really!!!!! When was the last time NCC had the chance to run the clock out on Highlands. That's a pretty bold statement you made.

 

What does that have to do w/ anything. It should be when was the last time NewCath had a chance to take a knee and did, regardless of opponent.

 

I want to add that running the ball w/ a minute left is in no way a slap in anyone's face, I just feel that you don't take the chance of tacking on a late score when the game has been decided. I know that there will be a wide variety of responses on this.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The game was a good game. I concur earlier, it was just a matter of time before the NCC kids wore down. There were other opportunities though that could have given Highlands the lead prior to the 4Q. Going into this game, I felt it was going to come down to which player between Highchew and True had the best game. These two kids have battled for several years in the NKYFL. It did not play out this way however, as Highlands showed that they are much deeper. NCC played valiantly, but it ultimately came down to depth and quality.

Question for NCC folks: Did Brossart's FB program have any bearing on the #'s for this year's squad? I was told that several FB players had not ever played before last night.

 

I don't believe so. I think that the improvement at Campbell Co. may have had a lot more to do with it than Brossart. However, that is mere speculation.

I was just going through the old records and noticed that. Up until the late 70's it was pretty much dead even at like 5-5. The series now stands at 22-7.

 

1947 H 27-0

1948 NCC 14-0

1949 H 7-0

1950 H 19-14

1965 NCC 12-0

1974 NCC 15-14

1975 H 36-0

1976 NCC 20-6

1977 H 25-6

1978 NCC 17-6

1979 H 15-8

1980 H 29-12

1981 H 27-7

1982 H 33-13

1983 H 14-10

1984 NCC 25-13

1985 H 13-7

1986 H 23-14

1987 NCC 14-12

1988 H 10-0

1989 H 20-8

1990 H 19-14

1991 H 35-32

1992 H 18-0

1993 H 18-15

1995 H 28-6

1996 H 29-12

1997 H 49-14

1998 H 62-0

 

24 games since 1974 and you cancel the series because of maybe 3 lopsided wins?

24 games since 1974 and you cancel the series because of maybe 3 lopsided wins?

 

1998 H 62-0

 

Final straw?

What does that have to do w/ anything. It should be when was the last time NewCath had a chance to take a knee and did, regardless of opponent.

 

I want to add that running the ball w/ a minute left is in no way a slap in anyone's face, I just feel that you don't take the chance of tacking on a late score when the game has been decided. I know that there will be a wide variety of responses on this.

 

So my kid plays at Highlands which won't happen for about 13 years. He's not the best gifted player but goes to practice just like everyone else. He gets a chance to get in the game for the last 2 minutes of the game and Coach Barr decides to take a knee. My kid is detroyed that he doesn't get to do what he has practiced for the last 7 weeks of summer. Bottom line it's about letting the kids play regardless of the score. So with that said... Make a tackle next time!!!!!:madman:

1998 H 62-0

 

Final straw?

 

They averaged 53 points that year. Luckily not all teams ran away. Seems like a bad reason to keep from playing the toughest competition in NKY year in, year out.

24 games since 1974 and you cancel the series because of maybe 3 lopsided wins?
That game in 1979 really seems to have been pivotal. :cool: It started a run of 17-2 for the Birds.

I know that NCC's largest player is out for the rest of the season now. He's not at all happy about that. He played his heart out last night. Too bad it got broken in the process.

I know that NCC's largest player is out for the rest of the season now. He's not at all happy about that. He played his heart out last night. Too bad it got broken in the process.

 

I watched that young man play last night and he will be missed. You could tell he was "into" the game. I hope he still hangs around the team and helps out. He looked to be a "future" leader of the team. I hope he recovers soon and gets into the weight room to get B-S-F!! (Bigger-Stronger-Faster)! :ylsuper:

That game in 1979 really seems to have been pivotal. :cool: It started a run of 17-2 for the Birds.

 

You are soooo right. NC should of won that game and once again,:fight: was out coached!!!

[/b]

 

:rolleyes:

 

Wow, I didn't think anyone would take my kidding remark so seriously, maybe that's why NCC and Highlands don't play each other any longer. Too emotional of a game.

You are soooo right. NC should of won that game and once again,:fight: was out coached!!!

 

Who was coaching back then for NC:D Oh I almost forgot, the all time wins ball coach.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast either. I can tell you almost every detail of every NC vs Highlands game I played in.

 

I rehashed that game so many times over the years, including discussions with some of the NewCath coaches, that it really wasn't 29 years ago, seems more like 3 or 4 :)

Not to give you anymore bad memories but NewCath had far more superior athletes than we did in 79' and 80'. We just seem to grasp what our coaches were preparing us for moreso than what Bob was preparing you guy's.
Wow, I didn't think anyone would take my kidding remark so seriously, maybe that's why NCC and Highlands don't play each other any longer. Too emotional of a game.

 

Very hard to be emotional when henry is on the winning side most of the time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.