Conner 57 Cooper 0

Hamilton Joe called this one - Conner pulled varsity mid 3Q - Conner will probably lead many offensive and defensive stats for week 1 but it will be misleading. QB Nick West was fantastic.

It will be a rough year for Cooper - but they never gave up tonite and they showed some definite positive things :) But they have Ryle next week - why they started with Conner and Ryle in week one and two must give Coach Borchers a massive headache.

Conner dominated both sides of the ball and scored 20 points with JV team players. They get a bye next week and then to homecoming versus Simon Kenton - which will be a much bigger challenge. Two good weeks of football- hope they don't start getting too full of themselves...its a LONG season!

I just remembered a Cooper parent gave me a hand out of their roster - they have 49 per the roster - I would say there were 5 on the sidelines not in pads. They have 40 on th efreshman team per the roster.

Also, side note. The JV game has been moved from Cooper to Conner tomorrow morning at 10:00 am - Cooper field not ready to go yet.

Conner played well tonight and had many bright points throughout the game. The defense looked pretty solid allowing few first downs and likely no more then 60 yards of total offense. The cougars defensine line will likely give most opposing offensive lines trouble this year as they are quick at the end position and very, very sturdy at defenseive tackle.

The conner qb's also ran the option well and Nick west had a nice game throwing the ball also. West looked alot more comfortable in the pocket then last year and connected on most of his throws.

Senior Scooter Englemon had a quite a few nice kick & punt returns tonight also.

Nice to see Conner off to a good start, hopefully they keep their momentum and are ready for the "real" season opener against Simon Kenton.