Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK announces plans for new arena, baseball field, and...

Featured Replies

Guess the thought of Louisville having a newer arena was too much to bear ...

 

Actually, UK has been looking at this since Pitino was there. He really pushed for an on campus arena, but the ball (so to speak) has been up in the air since that time.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually Rupp Arena gets NCAA tournament games anyway, so a new arena for UK really wouldn't help the Cards out in that regard.

 

I would think a newer facility would have the pull to get used more frequently, but I could be wrong.

Actually, UK has been looking at this since Pitino was there. He really pushed for an on campus arena, but the ball (so to speak) has been up in the air since that time.

 

I remember when I was a student in the early '90's, we got all excited over rumblings of a new arena. As you said, Pitino wanted it to be accessible for the on-campus students.

Wow.. the jealousy sure pops up quick.

 

UofL fans should be happy about this for the same reason UK's fans are happy about UofL's new arena. The possibility of more close to home NCAA Tourney games.

I don't have any problem with what there doing. What is sort of a running joke with UofL fans, is how it often appears Barnhart tries to one up Jurich a day late. We build facilities they than they want to build bigger faciltites. They stick what appear to be baiting billboards right next to UofL's campus and so on and so on and so on... The joke is about jealousy, but in the other direction.

 

Again I don't have an issue with what they are doing. I actually appreciate that they are taking a page out of the UofL page book and looking to make this privately financed the way UofL has done.

When construction starts, my concerns are for parking at Rupp Arena for basketball games and concerts. The area around Rupp Arena will be a mess!

Wow.. the jealousy sure pops up quick.

 

Jealousy? Maybe if UL wasn't already getting a new arena you'd have a point...:lol:

Stir, Stir, Stir the pot gently down the street.......Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily I am going to sleep. :sleep::D

 

:thumb::laugh::lol:

Jealousy? Maybe if UL wasn't already getting a new arena you'd have a point...:lol:

 

I don't have any problem with what there doing. What is sort of a running joke with UofL fans, is how it often appears Barnhart tries to one up Jurich a day late. We build facilities they than they want to build bigger faciltites. They stick what appear to be baiting billboards right next to UofL's campus and so on and so on and so on... The joke is about jealousy, but in the other direction.

 

Again I don't have an issue with what they are doing. I actually appreciate that they are taking a page out of the UofL page book and looking to make this privately financed the way UofL has done.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I would also like to thank UL for our latest football signee Morgan Newton. We need all the help we can get.

So is UK going to own the new basketball arena or what?

So is UK going to own the new basketball arena or what?
I believe so. Also, a new Baseball facility has been in the planning stages for several years.

 

Coach Cohen mentioned this to me, several years ago and they were evaluating locations, to construct.

I believe so. Also, a new Baseball facility has been in the planning stages for several years.

 

Coach Cohen mentioned this to me, several years ago and they were evaluating locations, to construct.

 

Good. It is criminal how much UK has to pay to have a home game at Rupp.

Good. It is criminal how much UK has to pay to have a home game at Rupp.
I may have spoke to soon, from the article....

 

The Lexington Center Corp. manages the 32-year-old Rupp Arena, where the UK men’s basketball team plays. It also would manage the new arena.

The LCC board endorsed the project and said it would support UK in pursuing a financial feasibility study, expected to be completed in six months.

At that point, Barnhart said, UK and the Lexington Center could decide “whether to move forward with the plan or not.”

  • Author
Imagine that......As if anyone didn't know this would happen...

 

The new arena has been in the works for over two years if I recall correctly. It has been mentioned as a part of the restructuring of downtown LEX.

The article didn't list the projected seating size of the new basketball arena, but I would think that it would be more than the current 23,600. If not, then several thousand ticket holders who could lose their tickets will be very upset.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.