July 28, 200818 yr Griff thought that Brantley had said that Griff was pouting over the Reds not picking up his option year yet. JB said he did not say that. Supposedly they had a Sunday morning meeting to air it out.
July 28, 200818 yr Didn't Griffey also get into a verbal spat with Marty several years ago over comments Marty made? At least it will give me a reason to watch/listen to tonight's game in Houston. :lol:
July 28, 200818 yr Just asking if you think they should trade him because he's not helping the team win and his numbers stink or because of the throat slash? I have been an advocate of dumping him for a loooonnngg time now. Loved him as a Mariner, can't stand him as a Red. You're welcome to go to the least liked Red thread and see who I listed. Well before this recent incident.
July 28, 200818 yr I have been an advocate of dumping him for a loooonnngg time now. Loved him as a Mariner, can't stand him as a Red. You're welcome to go to the least liked Red thread and see who I listed. Well before this recent incident. Relax Mal, I was simply asking if you wanted him gone because he's not playing real well or because of the throat slashing incident. I don't need to go anywhere and look at anything because it has zero to do with my question... I believe you, I promise...
July 29, 200818 yr Can anyone find a picture of it i would like to see it? You can go to today's Cincinnati Enquirer & see the pic of it on their sports page: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
July 29, 200818 yr Much ado about nothing....Players and broadcasters get into arguements all the time.
July 29, 200818 yr Didn't Danny Graves do something similar? He flipped off the Cincinnati fans....Quite a bit different if you ask me.
July 29, 200818 yr This kind of thing happens everywhere, nothing new and imo nothing to get all worked up over. Hey, at least someone on this Reds team showed some emotion and fire over something.:lol:
July 29, 200818 yr He flipped off the Cincinnati fans....Quite a bit different if you ask me. :thumb: The only bad thing about this is that maybe some in the stands may have thought Griff was making the gesture towards them (fans).
July 29, 200818 yr :thumb: The only bad thing about this is that maybe some in the stands may have thought Griff was making the gesture towards them (fans). Quite a few kids sitting in those stands.
July 29, 200818 yr These days Griffey is a dog with fleas. For whatever reason, Griffey in Cincinnati has been a complete and total disaster. Reds fans only got a shell of the all-time great talent that was Griffey in Seattle...and that's not even counting the fact that he's been injured frequently. The Reds should have unloaded him several years ago, IMO. It's possible that they tried and just couldn't make it work. But, the point is, this year is no different than any other he's had in Cincy...if they should trade him now, they should have traded him 5 years ago.
July 29, 200818 yr Brantley needs a thicker skin(death threat? Gimme a break!)...Griffey needs to exhibit professionalism. I agree with Malachi's views, loved him as a Mariner...disappointment as a Red.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.