Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Junior throws a throat slash Brantley's way

Featured Replies

Jeff Brantley is a horrible broadcaster...I love it that Griff did this! Griff has had nothing but class his entire career. I agree that he's washed up and his time in Cicny has been a disaster but it's good to see him get worked up over something, shows that he's still alive out there, haha.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I'm amazed at the number of people that think this is a non-issue, just a silly little action by Griffey. It's remarkably crass and classless. It is not "showing emotion"

 

And doing so in front of paying fans - many of whom are kids that look up to him - that pay his excessive salary. And, of course, he won't have the character to admit he made a mistake, should not have done so, and should have handled his problem with Brantley privately. Why? Well, because he's Junior, of course. He's special. He deserves special treatment. Like constantly batting in the 3-hole where he has absolutely no business being. Be gone Griffey. You've become a heavy burden to this team.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited Rule #8 content

I'll say this; if this is the worst thing my kids see, especially from an athlete, they'll be just fine...

I'll say this; if this is the worst thing my kids see, especially from an athlete, they'll be just fine...

 

:thumb:

I'll say this; if this is the worst thing my kids see, especially from an athlete, they'll be just fine...

 

I agree! I hope he does it everytime he hits a HR!

I'll say this; if this is the worst thing my kids see, especially from an athlete, they'll be just fine...

 

Not saying it's the crime of the century or going to ruin some small kid, but it's highly inappropriate and not something one wants to see out of one of the game's greatest players.

Not saying it's the crime of the century or going to ruin some small kid, but it's highly inappropriate and not something one wants to see out of one of the game's greatest players.

 

I don't disagree with that, but doesn't that make it "much ado about nothing"?

Not saying it's the crime of the century or going to ruin some small kid, but it's highly inappropriate and not something one wants to see out of one of the game's greatest players.

 

It's unfortunate it happened, but it's not a big deal. People in Cincinnati love to blow this type of stuff way out of proportion.

It's unfortunate it happened, but it's not a big deal. People in Cincinnati love to blow this type of stuff way out of proportion.

 

So you don't think the media would be all over this, say in NY or Philly?

So you don't think the media would be all over this, say in NY or Philly?

 

Not really....I didn't see the media make a big deal out of the Chase Utley thing during the All-Star break.

  • Author

I think what he's saying is, had Griffey been with the Mets or Dodgers, no one on here would be giving him a free pass. But because he's a Red.....

Not really....I didn't see the media make a big deal out of the Chase Utley thing during the All-Star break.

 

Do you listen to Philly sports talk shows and or read their newspapers? Just curious as to how you would know this.

Do you listen to Philly sports talk shows and or read their newspapers? Just curious as to how you would know this.

 

They booed Santa for crying out loud...

They booed Santa for crying out loud...

 

Santa stunk that year:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.