July 30, 200818 yr This is what makes Cincinnati great, not the Griffey-Brantley thing, but this idiot who wrote 2 blogs in a row. Brantleyhater wrote: When all the smoke clears, Ken Griffey Jr. will be one of the most celebrated baseball players of our time. He will stand out in a positive light in the textbooks of History for our era as one of the best that remained separate from all the scandals that has plagued the players of today. He is celebrated as a Hero and baseball King in Seattle,Oregon. He should be in Cincinnati, Ohio too. As he surpasses 600 and goes towards 700 the nation will know who the true Baseball King is. http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080729/COL03/307290038&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL Awesome. That is true though.
July 30, 200818 yr It's not that big a deal, a little classless, but none the less it's nothing to get worried about. I think it is becoming more and more apparent he is heading out of Cincy. I could only hope it would be before the deadline.
July 30, 200818 yr The video is unclear, per this link. MLB players have been both cheered and jeered, during their playing days. Take the good comments, with the bad comments and address any personal issues, in an appropriate place. Announcers comment, on what they perceive, hear and believe. They're not always right but nonetheless, have their opinion. If Griffey did the gesture, unprofessional on his part, regardless of how he feels about Brantley. There are always youngsters watching and emulating, one of the games best and in this instance, he's not. :thumb::thumb:
July 30, 200818 yr It's not that big a deal, a little classless, but none the less it's nothing to get worried about. I think it is becoming more and more apparent he is heading out of Cincy. I could only hope it would be before the deadline. The video evidence is pretty weak (I didn't see anything), but apparently there was a lot of langauge involved that was caught on tape too? Haven't heard it for myself, though. FWIW, I feel Brantley's criticism is fair. Griffey has not been catching balls in the outfield that he should be getting.
July 30, 200818 yr The video evidence is pretty weak (I didn't see anything), but apparently there was a lot of langauge involved that was caught on tape too? Haven't heard it for myself, though. FWIW, I feel Brantley's criticism is fair. Griffey has not been catching balls in the outfield that he should be getting. He is no longer a productive outfielder at the ML level...Period
July 30, 200818 yr [/b] He is no longer a productive outfielder at the ML level...Period Not at all, well he might be if he hustled a little bit.
July 30, 200818 yr Come on saint. Seattle, Oregon? Yeah, don't the Mariners play right next to the Nike complex? As my aunt would say, Seattle, Warshington!
July 30, 200818 yr Would their mascot be a wet duck? I'll take care of this for everyone... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 31, 200818 yr I'll take care of this for everyone... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: That's too good.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.