Freshmen Football in NKY

kyvince

What do the Freshmen teams in NKY look like this year?

Is SK loaded again? Does Highlands return to dominance? How much has Cooper affected Conner, Ryle and Boone?

Dixie should be loaded, will the team live up to expectations?

What type of teams do Covcath, Newcath and Holy Cross expect?

Highlands should be the same old Highlands. The Birds lose in the finals last year and you would of thought they had a losing season...They have some nice skilled position kids and some road graders also..:thumb:

Your Right it is a testament to Highlands program, when not winning the "mythical" championship is a disappointment. Having said that, 6-4 is not the typical year for the Frosh program at Highlands. I don't think they lost 4 in the previous 3 seasons combined.

Your Right it is a testament to Highlands program, when not winning the "mythical" championship is a disappointment. Having said that, 6-4 is not the typical year for the Frosh program at Highlands. I don't think they lost 4 in the previous 3 seasons combined.

They didn't lose any in the last three years combined:thumb:

That was last year and now there's this year. Highlands will have a lot of skilled athletes this season including a nice pair of QB's. They have some size on the O-line as well wiht Napier, Trapp, Wehby, Dressman, Meyer. I would expect them to do well this season.

A lot of depth at RB as well with Ringwald, Dupont, Jake True, Ozzie Sheehan as the scatback. Sheehan was lightning fast in the FTJrFL, once he hit the corner he was gone. Ringwald, Dupont and True will bring a bruising style to the running game. Im sure Josh Quillen will get some looks as well.

That was last year and now there's this year. Highlands will have a lot of skilled athletes this season including a nice pair of QB's. They have some size on the O-line as well wiht Napier, Trapp, Wehby, Dressman, Meyer. I would expect them to do well this season.

A lot of depth at RB as well with Ringwald, Dupont, Jake True, Ozzie Sheehan as the scatback. Sheehan was lightning fast in the FTJrFL, once he hit the corner he was gone. Ringwald, Dupont and True will bring a bruising style to the running game. Im sure Josh Quillen will get some looks as well.

Nice summary Gryche. I think the Birds are going to be back big time at the frosh level this year.

Newport's freshmen will face their toughest schedule this year. They haven't had a schedule this hard since the 2005 season. Newport will have a good back field and a descent line - the passing game may lack the luster that it had from last year. Newport's freshmen last seaason ran a good spread offense and could put some points on the board. This year's team will have to step it up in order to compete with the likes of Highlands, CovCath and Campbell County. Their coaching staff generally has them prepared and knows what it means to win so I sure they will be ready.

Looking forward to Highlands Frosh season opener with NCC. It's the match I wish was happening on the varsity level but will take it where I can get it.:banana:

Is this at home for Highlands? This will be a classic matchup with a lot of kids who grew up playing against each other. Date and time Henry?

If you all need to make it to a HC frosh game and watch Kyle Fuller at QB. This kid is a force at QB. Can run and has one of the strongest arms I have seen out of a frosh in awhile. Most likely will be varsity QB next year when they move Walker back to WR.

Ben Dupont is also in the running for Qb.

The Dixie freshmen team is looking solid. They have size at the line and treats at RB and WR. From what I hear its going to be one of the best freshmen class to go through Dixie with the exception of O'Toole's and Preston's teams

The Dixie freshmen team is looking solid. They have size at the line and treats at RB and WR. From what I hear its going to be one of the best freshmen class to go through Dixie with the exception of O'Toole's and Preston's teams

And as I understand it, they will have a new coaching staff as well. We'll see how this plays out.