'09 9th Region Top 5

Like I said, I base my opinion on what I see and 0 for 4 and one for four consistant outings just does not convience me. So you're telling me that every Ryle pitcher the past 3 years must have had his number and knew exactly how to pitch him? Maybe it's time for you to give the Raiders a little credit then, if that's the case.

Luke is a great hitter, but the reason that he is getting all of the attention from college recruiters is because of his defense. I watched him play six or seven games last year and there were not many people that tried to steal on the kid. I believe this is the aspect of his game that many people tend to forget that he is so good at calling a game and keeping people from taking those extra bases.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has lost it luster.

I agree, how about we try the top player from every school this year in the 9th

Dixie -Leslie?

Connor - Brake

Bellvue - Jones

Newport - Klass

Highlands - Sainola

NCC - Conner

CovCath - Maile

Ryle - ?

Bonne - Cotton?

Holy Cross - Roenker

.. anyone else want to add on or add input

I don't see their offense as very powerful. I know pitching and defense can take you far but I think everyone in my top 5 is just a little better. The only exception I see is maybe Beechwood.

Your right thier offense is not near as powerful, they will go as far as thier pitching and defense does. They will play small ball for sure.

1.CCH- Clear cut number one.

2.NCC

3.Ryle

4.Holy Cross

5.Beechwood

Dixie -Leslie?

Connor - Brake

Bellvue - Jones

Newport - Klass

Highlands - Sainola

NCC - Conner

CovCath - Maile

Ryle - ?

Bonne - Cotton?

Holy Cross - Roenker

Conner- Pugh

Dixie- Koors

Your right thier offense is not near as powerful, they will go as far as thier pitching and defense does. They will play small ball for sure.

1.CCH- Clear cut number one.

2.NCC

3.Ryle

4.Holy Cross

5.Beechwood

I might even put Conner at 5. I don't see Beechwood doing much.

Dixie -Leslie?

Connor - Brake

Bellvue - Jones

Newport - Klass

Highlands - Sainola

NCC - Conner

CovCath - Maile

Ryle - ?

Bonne - Cotton?

Holy Cross - Roenker

Ryle--Etcshied (sp)

I think Beechwood will surprise alot of teams. They have some young talent.

They don't have the power pitching of Elliot next year but I will say Smith as a pretty solid ace. Not dominant in the least, but solid. With Snyder in the 2 spot in the rotation they'll win quit a few games, but not the 25+ they did this year. They return some key players such as Slusher, Hyde, Larimore along with Smith and Snyder who I mentioned.

On a serious note, I just feel like Elliot carries them way to much. He throw a no-no and had two triples aganist HC in the playoffs. He created all their O and was the best pitcher by far. I just don't see them rebounding to be top 5.

Fair argument.

They don't have the power pitching of Elliot next year but I will say Smith as a pretty solid ace. Not dominant in the least, but solid. With Snyder in the 2 spot in the rotation they'll win quit a few games, but not the 25+ they did this year. They return some key players such as Slusher, Hyde, Larimore along with Smith and Snyder who I mentioned.

I think Larimore left Beechwood and went somewhere else. Can anyone clerify this??

Edited by STRIKE3
Rule #13

1. Cov Cath- clear favorite

2. Conner- lost only 2 seniors who had an impact and will reload with more quality pitchers then last year

3. New Cath- lose some seniors but still have quite a few key players from their 9th title team

4. Holy Cross- Return 9 seniors including potential POY Roenker

5. Bellevue- Return most of their key players from this past years cinderella season