'09 9th Region Top 5

I'm sorry TOG, I thought your #91 post was a misprint and was asking hoping for the truth as I know for an absolute fact he has not gotten offers from ALL of those schools. Not to be "mean or nasty" but maybe you should check your post for inaccuracies before they are posted. I think he is a great player and maybe by graduation he will have offers from all those schools... but currently he does not. So I will ask my question again to someone who knows, who all does he currently have offers from?

Lets see in your first post #101 you mention that you had to have a buddy point out Maile to you and now you tell you me you know for a fact that what I am stating is not true....oaky!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry TOG, I thought your #91 post was a misprint and was asking hoping for the truth as I know for an absolute fact he has not gotten offers from ALL of those schools. Not to be "mean or nasty" but maybe you should check your post for inaccuracies before they are posted. I think he is a great player and maybe by graduation he will have offers from all those schools... but currently he does not. So I will ask my question again to someone who knows, who all does he currently have offers from?

There have been more than 10 schools that have offered him full rides when he decides but he is more focused on LSU who have offered him a spot but are waiting out any actually "offers." Georgia and MSU are a couple other teams that offered him a spot.

There have been more than 10 schools that have offered him full rides when he decides but he is more focused on LSU who have offered him a spot but are waiting out any actually "offers." Georgia and MSU are a couple other teams that offered him a spot.

There have been more than ten schools that have already offered him full rides? I find that a tad difficult to believe at this point in the game.

I guess it's a personal decision how one would define "superstar." I think Maile it a very, very good player. No question about it. He's in the exact same league as Farris, yet another very, very good player. I know there are those that would rank Maile above Farris and vice-versa, but bottomline is that they are close. But Cory was drafted in what, the 43rd round? Will Maile go higher? Maybe. Hard to say until his senior year is up. After Farris' junior year, I think most would have thought he'd have gone higher. Personally, I 'd have to give some thought to how I'd define a "superstar", but I don't think I'd apply that to Maile right now. But he's unquestionably one of the best around this area and will help make CCH a very solid team next year.

Will I did read it entirely and if you read the web page, it did give you all those who have played in the last couple of years plus years and years ago. Remember I did mention Larkin, Niehaus and Bleser, who were not on that list. Can't help it if CovCath has had a great history of baseball players, and Ryle has just had a few years of history.

Lets face the facts here. TOG is a CovCath homer just as Diamond Dandy is a Ryle homer. The both of you will argue till the end to prove your point. But this forum is about the 9th region next year, and I am sure there is plenty more to talk about around the region other than the constant argument over who thinks Maile is good or not. There have been plenty of posts on here about his summer season, and pretty much anything that happens with him in baseball. But lets let the cards play out, and just see where his future ends up being, instead of trying to predict it. So anyway, what about the rest of the teams or other top players in the region?:thumb:

There have been more than ten schools that have already offered him full rides? I find that a tad difficult to believe at this point in the game.

I guess it's a personal decision how one would define "superstar." I think Maile it a very, very good player. No question about it. He's in the exact same league as Farris, yet another very, very good player. I know there are those that would rank Maile above Farris and vice-versa, but bottomline is that they are close. But Cory was drafted in what, the 43rd round? Will Maile go higher? Maybe. Hard to say until his senior year is up. After Farris' junior year, I think most would have thought he'd have gone higher. Personally, I 'd have to give some thought to how I'd define a "superstar", but I don't think I'd apply that to Maile right now. But he's unquestionably one of the best around this area and will help make CCH a very solid team next year.

I think he would have if he had not committed to UK.

Etscheld - Ryle

Losack - Boone

Pugh- Conner

Conner - NCC

Kelly - NCC

Just a few that come to mind.

Not saying Etscheid isn't a solid player all around but to say POY potential is a little crazed.

Not at all, but I base my opinion on what I see not what I read on BGP. Luke is a good ball player, not a superstar. Last year for instance he was like 2 for 12 against Ryle, the games I saw, and those were singles. What do you expect me ta say? Man that kid can ground out with style. As far as a judge of tallent I am happy with my abilities there. Coached quite a few years and always kept the best players and never had a loosing season.

Judging by position Jeff Wear from Beechwood and Jason Frilling from Walton were two of the best to play the game....without all the hype.

I watched Frilling play all summer and I don't think I saw him make a trip to the backstop yet. And he's handeling guys that bring it, like Nate Munch from Brosssart, now at Xavier. Luke will get there but superstar? Not yet.

Allow me to tap into your baseball knowledge and keen eye for talent.

Do you think the SEC schools and the MLB scouts that are watching Luke with keen interest are making a mistake? If Wera and Frilling are the benchmark you've set and if Wera went to William and Mary and Frilling (Gtown?) it would seem that you would put Luke at a lesser school than those two.

Also, do you think Luke has more ability at the D1 level than the 07 Ryle stars?

So Maile has some offers. Ice is not a D1 pitcher, I guarantee you. But no one else? hmmmmmm. I perfer to compare the 09 Cov Cath team to the 02 Cov Cath, 06 Beechwood and 07 Raiders after the season. Until then it's all speculation.

That's fair. As a matter of fact , until this bunch proves otherwise they're not as good as the 02 team nor the 05 team.