'09 9th Region Top 5

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Cov Cath- clear favorite

2. Conner- lost only 2 seniors who had an impact and will reload with more quality pitchers then last year

3. New Cath- lose some seniors but still have quite a few key players from their 9th title team

4. Holy Cross- Return 9 seniors including potential POY Roenker

5. Bellevue- Return most of their key players from this past years cinderella season

Who are the quality pitchers that Conner will be reloading with? (Not being sarcastic, seriously asking.) I am aware of Shuttlesworth and Samad, but not much beyond that.

If Jones leaves Bellevue as possibly rumored, that would be a devastating blow to them.

Not too sure what HCC has beyond Roenker and I fear he will be in jeopardy of being overused. I saw what he looked like with a tired arm this summer and he was very average. I am NOT saying he is an average pitcher at all - in fact, he's a darn fine pitcher - but Sandy Koufax would look average if he was overused.

I agree, how about we try the top player from every school this year in the 9th

Dixie -Leslie?

Connor - Brake

Bellvue - Jones

Newport - Klass

Highlands - Sainola

NCC - Conner

CovCath - Maile

Ryle - ?

Bonne - Cotton?

Holy Cross - Roenker

.. anyone else want to add on or add input

Brake (Conner) is a terrific hitter, but might be given a run for his money by Pugh, who also holds down the all-important catcher spot.

Can't say I'm all that familiar with Highlands team, but I was very impressed by their catcher (Liggett), who will no doubt be heavily relied on next year.

Ryle's top player should be Etschied, as he is a good hitter, great fielder, and very good pitcher.

Lokesak (sp?) could well be Boone's top player. Cotton is a fabulous OF'er - possibly best in region - but needs to be more consistent at plate.

I agree, how about we try the top player from every school this year in the 9th

Dixie -Leslie?

Connor - Brake

Bellvue - Jones

Newport - Klass

Highlands - Sainola

NCC - Conner

CovCath - Maile

Ryle - ?

Bonne - Cotton?

Holy Cross - Roenker

.. anyone else want to add on or add input

I'd say Kelly.

Who are the quality pitchers that Conner will be reloading with? (Not being sarcastic, seriously asking.) I am aware of Shuttlesworth and Samad, but not much beyond that.

If Jones leaves Bellevue as possibly rumored, that would be a devastating blow to them.

Not too sure what HCC has beyond Roenker and I fear he will be in jeopardy of being overused. I saw what he looked like with a tired arm this summer and he was very average. I am NOT saying he is an average pitcher at all - in fact, he's a darn fine pitcher - but Sandy Koufax would look average if he was overused.

Holy Cross will also have Stewart. Then about 5 other guys who I think can pitch effectivaly next year.

Can't argue with that. I hope the HC coaches take notice.:cool:

Shuttleworth, samad, hubbard, and thomas noll will all return to conner with a season of varsity experience, as well as josh atanovich coming out of the bullpen.

I've also heard from coah sanders himself that jones will be returning next year.

Brake (Conner) is a terrific hitter, but might be given a run for his money by Pugh, who also holds down the all-important catcher spot.

Can't say I'm all that familiar with Highlands team, but I was very impressed by their catcher (Liggett), who will no doubt be heavily relied on next year.

Ryle's top player should be Etschied, as he is a good hitter, great fielder, and very good pitcher.

Lokesak (sp?) could well be Boone's top player. Cotton is a fabulous OF'er - possibly best in region - but needs to be more consistent at plate.

Lokesak, Brake, and Pugh will all have a shot at POY this year.

What number/position is Lokesak. I watched Boone a few times last year and I can't quite put my finger on who he is.

Center field. Very, very fast, I think he is better than Cotton.

Edited by STRIKE3
to comply with Rule #13

I saw quite a few of Boone's games last year and never saw anyone other than Cotton in CF.

Me either, but watched Lokesak in summer ball and I think you will hear a lot about him next year. Very fast, hits for power and loves the game.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply with Rule #13